View Poll Results: Can men and women be friends without sex being involved?

Voters
172. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes they can be friends without sex being involved

73 42.44%
  • No they cannot be friends without sex being involved

23 13.37%
  • It depends on the situation and person

76 44.19%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I think that men and women can be friends...............but I believe that the majority of ... Stackers' Lounge forum

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Can men and women just be friends??

Advertisement

I think that men and women can be friends...............but I believe that the majority of men have either thought naughty thoughts about thier "women friends:, or actually have done something naughty with them.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

True... I Highly Agree...
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

i think that women can just be friends with a guy. i think it's almost impossible for a guy to just be friends with a girl. men read more sexual implications into every action and sentence than women do (no i'm not being sexist, that's what research has shown), and as such men tend to interpret things in a much more sexual way and this changes the nature of the relationship and the goals of the relationship from his standpoint.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    i think that women can just be friends with a guy. i think it's almost impossible for a guy to just be friends with a girl. men read more sexual implications into every action and sentence than women do (no i'm not being sexist, that's what research has shown), and as such men tend to interpret things in a much more sexual way and this changes the nature of the relationship and the goals of the relationship from his standpoint.
    I have tons of female friends. I guess I've outgrown that problem.

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889

I think it's very possible for men and women to have platonic friendships and I have quite a few of them with women and find women more fun as friends! Now should any of my women friends develop feelings and want to act on them I think I'd be very tempted to act on that but being married would not act on any of those feelings.

As with anything it's highly subjective to the two individuals involved.

But don't kid yourselves, guys, by nature, are highly simple creatures. Pretty and shiny objects make us loose out self control

Just my $.02

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ nature created us to persuit the opposite sex. A world of friends is a boring world without Maury and Jerry Springer

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it

uhh...yaaahhhhh!!!!!
    Last edited by rickerb69; 06-05-2007 at 01:42 AM.

montealgear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401b53dc

I vote for "Yes they can be friends without sex being involved" but I find it hard to have a close friendship with a woman in that way. Because of te testosterone lol.

montealgear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401b53dc

CalaLily this is very mature what you said.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    On one of my local radio stations this morning they had a discussion about whether men and women can just be friends without taking it further. What I found funny was that most of the men said no, unless the chick was fat or ugly they would want to have sex with her. lol

What's your opinion, can men and women just be friends without taking it any further and why do you feel that way?
    Eh, its tough. lol. kidding, i have female friends and never hit it off. Just for some reasons, 1 they were buddies X. 2 dont want to ruin good friendship after a good night lol. 3 I have wifey..

Its all up to your intentions, if you want just friends then thats it.

And oh answer is YES, you can be friends with no sex

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I think it depends on the people involved. Most guys have at 1 point or another atleast thought about having sex with said female friend even if he hasn't acted on it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

They can be friends but as many have said there is always temptation in the back of the mind. Especially for guys. My male gay friends don't have that problem which is why they are fun to hang out with.

ayusi no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, men and women CAN BE FRIEND. i have many friends and they are mostly boys. actually its depends upon person's to person's nature. and believe me mostly my friends (means boys) help me, when i'm in some trouble. so i think it sounds very bad that "men and women can not be just friend"

B'coz i thing FRIENDSHIP is most beautiful relation in this earth.

FEW RELATIONS IN EARTH NEVER DIESJOIN FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD)

CrackBerry08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ec9936

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes and no. However I do have more female friends than male friends.

One of my best friends for 6 yearax decided she liked me more than a friend. Of course I was happy at the idea... Long story short, we're still friends, but we barely talk anymore.

My absolute best friend is an exgirlfriend of mine. We dated for a bit and have gotten much closer ever since we broke up. Now she's like pimp and has offred to harm physically any woman hurts me emotionally.

Then there's the super hot old room mate. I wanted to duck her from the moment I laid eyes on her. As we got to know one another, it was as friends and we became very good friends. The second sexual acts (not sex) got involved, the friendship fell to pieces.

I also have some female friends I want to make happy, but that happiness will never be made... At least not by me.

The point, every relationship you have with another person is unique. Always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else.

Regards,
    Jordan

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    I was just having this conversation with my cousin (a female) the other day. I truly believe it's simple. It's all about nakedness. Once you've seen that person naked, there's no going back. No more "friends." It truly does depend on maturity. But, let's face it, when it comes to nakedness we're all a bunch of 14 year old kids. No way around it.
    LMAO!! Well put!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast