Ask me!

Re: Cafe Fantasy Football Draft

Advertisement

Sweet!

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

When are ya setting the draft order? You going to do it before some some of us hardcore geeks can set up a mock draft and see what bottom of the barrel scum will be available to us by the time all the good ones like Doug Flutie and Leon Washington are gone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

DaBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E4F2FD

I hear Sammy Baugh is gonna be the #1 pick.

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    When are ya setting the draft order? You going to do it before some some of us hardcore geeks can set up a mock draft and see what bottom of the barrel scum will be available to us by the time all the good ones like Doug Flutie and Leon Washington are gone?
    LOL. Nice Howie. I dont think Yahoo will let me pre-set the draft. I will double check tonight and see and let ya know.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Holy crap... I am so gonna need a ton of help with this. Josh, you better be available 24/7 for me! LOL

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Ok.. we did the Photoshop thread for Stacey I guess now its time for the Fantasy Football Tutorial. Here's a few important guidelines to consider when drafting your team: (This is not just for Stacey, but anyone who needs help in any Fantasy Football League they are playing against me in!!)

1) The color of an athletes helmet does impact the way he plays. The prettier the helmet and design the better athlete they are. Kind of like how putting cool stickers on your car make it faster. It's true.

2) While this is a football draft and it is recommended that you select only football players you can feel free to add other sports stars to your roster especially in the later rounds. For example - who's the better athlete Alex Rodriguez (Perrenial All-Star with the Yankees) or Kasey Studdard (rookie Guard with the Houston Texans). Which guy has more of a chance to score a touchdown this year? A-Rod, the former quarterback, right! So remember, don't limit your options.

3) Don't listen to Josh. He's a Cubs fan. He's probably also a Bears fan. If he's a Bears fan he was probably really excited in January thinking about which Super Bowl Championship T-Shirt he'd wear to the parade. His judgement is clouded.

4) Don't pick Rex Grossman to be your Quarterback. Don't even pick Rex Gorssman to be your 3rd level backup shoe-cleaner. Josh also probably thinks Rex Grossman is a good fantasy pick. He's not. I had him last season as my backup and had to use him in a game. Its the same game he played on Monday Night Football vs that powerhouse team that everyone is afraid of: The Arizona Cardinals. Yes. the game where Grossman ended with -7 (Yes, NEGATIVE) fantasy football points and cost me my game.

5) Keep and eye on the college, Arena and Canadian football teams. Look for those budding superstars and people who could make an impact in the NFL and make sure you pick them up from the Free Agent pool every Tuesday morning. Mucho importante! You never know when you'll find the next Kurt Warner or Rod "He Hate Me" Smart.

I'm going to stop with 5.. if you have other suggestions or secrets to share please do so!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

lol you are so dead!

Ok.. we did the Photoshop thread for Stacey I guess now its time for the Fantasy Football Tutorial. Here's a few important guidelines to consider when drafting your team: (This is not just for Stacey, but anyone who needs help in any Fantasy Football League they are playing against me in!!)

1) The color of an athletes helmet does impact the way he plays. The prettier the helmet and design the better athlete they are. Kind of like how putting cool stickers on your car make it faster. It's true.

2) While this is a football draft and it is recommended that you select only football players you can feel free to add other sports stars to your roster especially in the later rounds. For example - who's the better athlete Alex Rodriguez (Perrenial All-Star with the Yankees) or Kasey Studdard (rookie Guard with the Houston Texans). Which guy has more of a chance to score a touchdown this year? A-Rod, the former quarterback, right! So remember, don't limit your options.

3) Don't listen to Josh. He's a Cubs fan. He's probably also a Bears fan. If he's a Bears fan he was probably really excited in January thinking about which Super Bowl Championship T-Shirt he'd wear to the parade. His judgement is clouded.

4) Don't pick Rex Grossman to be your Quarterback. Don't even pick Rex Gorssman to be your 3rd level backup shoe-cleaner. Josh also probably thinks Rex Grossman is a good fantasy pick. He's not. I had him last season as my backup and had to use him in a game. Its the same game he played on Monday Night Football vs that powerhouse team that everyone is afraid of: The Arizona Cardinals. Yes. the game where Grossman ended with -7 (Yes, NEGATIVE) fantasy football points and cost me my game.

5) Keep and eye on the college, Arena and Canadian football teams. Look for those budding superstars and people who could make an impact in the NFL and make sure you pick them up from the Free Agent pool every Tuesday morning. Mucho importante! You never know when you'll find the next Kurt Warner or Rod "He Hate Me" Smart.

I'm going to stop with 5.. if you have other suggestions or secrets to share please do so!!!
    Howie I dont like Rex Grossman. I think he's garbage.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Ok.. one more - and this is a biggie...

6) When you come to needing a Quarterback - do not, under any circumstances whatsoever - draft Vince Young. Trust me on this. Just don't do it unless you want to be without a quarterback for 2/3rds of the season. Just ask Donavan McNabb and Shaun Alexander. Don't do it. The Madden Curse is true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    Howie I dont like Rex Grossman. I think he's garbage.
    #7) Don't listen to Josh. He's trying to psyche us all out so he can take Grossman with his first pick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok.. one more - and this is a biggie...

6) When you come to needing a Quarterback - do not, under any circumstances whatsoever - draft Vince Young. Trust me on this. Just don't do it unless you want to be without a quarterback for 2/3rds of the season. Just ask Donavan McNabb and Shaun Alexander. Don't do it. The Madden Curse is true.
    ^^has a point. dont forget vick too

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    ^^has a point. dont forget vick too
    It IS true!!

I had the 1st pick in my league last year and I was so split on Alexander or Tomlinson - Right up until the draft I was all set to go with Alexander but for some reason I went and chose LT instead and was sooooo relieved that I did.

Good thing there's no one on the Giants good enough to ever grace the cover of that box - I don't have to worry about them being hurt like that.

I have the first pick in my other draft this year... I'm so pumped! Lets draft now!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Wedesday 8/29, 8 PM EST is still draft time?

Woo Hoo my top three picks:

1. Mike "North ATL 40" Vick

2. Vince "There's No Curse, I just wanted to sleep in my own Bed" Young

3. Ricky "Dude, Where's My Helmet" Williams
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Wedesday 8/29, 8 PM EST is still draft time?

Woo Hoo my top three picks:

1. Mike "North ATL 40" Vick

2. Vince "There's No Curse, I just wanted to sleep in my own Bed" Young

3. Ricky "Dude, Where's My Helmet" Williams

Nice, than Pacman "I can't wrestle so I might as well rap" Jones will still be available for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Crap. Trade ya my 4th round pick for him.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast