Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Before You Jump Head Over Heels For It Please Bare In Mind That Windows Mobile ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Re: The Blackjack is getting very good ratings

Advertisement

Before You Jump Head Over Heels For It Please Bare In Mind That Windows Mobile Is Pocket Pc 2003 Renamed. The Os Hasn't Had A Major Upgrade In Over 4 Years Now. I Would Hate To Tie Up Lots Of Money In Such An Antiquated Device. I Would Wait A Bit Longer And See If Microsoft Releases An Updated Os First. It May Require A Different Device All Together.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

BBdrummer no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl = awesome. I would never get the Blackjack, even if for the following reason: you can abbreviate BlackBerry with "BB" in forums such as this one, but when you abbreviate Blackjack, people might question what you're talking about...

ex: I really, really want a BB!
    vs: I really, really want a BJ!

ex: I certainly love having a BB!
    vs: I certainly love having a BJ!

ex: How much does it cost for a BB?
    vs: How much does it cost for a BJ?

I rest my case.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

I Think The Screen Is Way To Small On The Blackjack And The Keys Are Hard To Work With.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Pearl Buddy no está en línea Stack level 1

The main advantage to the BlackJack is the wm5 support. i would love to use my phone with orb, to watch livetv, music or whatever. with the pearl, we are extremely limited on what we can stream online.... other then that, the pearl is absolutely the best phone to date. the size cannot be beat, i never get depressed when i have to carry around my phone, unlike the vx9800/envy.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 01-09-2007 at 08:49 PM.

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought that the Pearl couldn't stream audio or video at ALL??? Are there some cases where the Pearl can stream audio or video?

I have a website that is password protected that posts a quicktime version of a radio show I lke to listen to each day. I figured I'd I have to download the thing to have it play on my Pearl.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRaider
    I thought that the Pearl couldn't stream audio or video at ALL??? Are there some cases where the Pearl can stream audio or video?

I have a website that is password protected that posts a quicktime version of a radio show I lke to listen to each day. I figured I'd I have to download the thing to have it play on my Pearl.
    I think it can only get a limited amount of stations from radiobee? There might be more places im not to sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    I think it can only get a limited amount of stations from radiobee? There might be more places im not to sure.
    actually, you can stream any audio you have, or any internet radio station using shoutcast. basically anything you can hear on your pc can be streamed to the pearl. ive tried posting how on blackberryforums yet they just got mad that i made a new post. :rolleyes:

i would be happy to share how here, if people want to know. its not exactly straight-forward and easy, but its not hard by any means. it should only take 10min to set up, and all of the software needed is free.

kinkbmxrydr no está en línea Stack level 2

i've had both know. it seems to me that i like the blackberry more than the blackjack. its cool and all but gets confusing and laggy.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Buddy
    i would be happy to share how here, if people want to know. its not exactly straight-forward and easy, but its not hard by any means. it should only take 10min to set up, and all of the software needed is free.
    Yes please. I've been trying to stream WDUQ but without success. They do provide an URL but it didn't work with radiobee for some reason.

outz no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had both (currently using the Pearl) There was/is a bug on the BlackJack that makes Pocket Internet Explorer stop working after a day or so of not rebooting... rebooting of coruse fixes it for another day. I posted about this on Howard Forums to make sure it wasn't just me... I found a handful of people with the same problem. Also, the navigation key is flush with the other keys around it... so I was constantly exiting applications by accident. A fw Hofo users created a ghetto hack to kinda avoid this. Other then that it was a great phone with lots of cool features, and I'm just not patient enough to wait on a fix for a problem that should have never slipped out of QA.

I'm on my second day with the Pearl... it's definitely different. I've always been a Pocket PC -> Exchange push email guy. I just thought I would try a Blackberry since we have BES at work. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    Yes please. I've been trying to stream WDUQ but without success. They do provide an URL but it didn't work with radiobee for some reason.
    you can dot it. i posted a new thread, quick-guide and all. its great, i can listen to my local raido station too- no matter what city im in.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Buddy
    you can dot it. i posted a new thread, quick-guide and all. its great, i can listen to my local raido station too- no matter what city im in.

where's the thread?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by BBdrummer
    Pearl = awesome. I would never get the Blackjack, even if for the following reason: you can abbreviate BlackBerry with "BB" in forums such as this one, but when you abbreviate Blackjack, people might question what you're talking about...

ex: I really, really want a BB!
    vs: I really, really want a BJ!

ex: I certainly love having a BB!
    vs: I certainly love having a BJ!

ex: How much does it cost for a BB?
    vs: How much does it cost for a BJ?

I rest my case.
    lol, it was only a matter of time before someone brought that up

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yes we do question it.. So please do not refer to Blackjack in a manner that might be mis construed.

Thanks
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

im in desperate seach for a popular online forum that isnt censored. what happened to free speech?

anyway, husnein1, its in this same 8100 forum. i cant post links yet but its here- http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...pearl_asx.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast