Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I went to the Cingular store so my wife can buy me a Black Tacky ... Stackers' Lounge forum

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Re: The Blackjack is getting very good ratings

Advertisement

I went to the Cingular store so my wife can buy me a Black Tacky (Blackjack), not being familiar with BB. We saw the Pearl next to the Black Jack and the Pearl made it look like a cheap tacky toy phone! The Pearl's screen was way better and the Blacktacky's keys are hard to dial with. When people see the two side by side there is no comparison. The Blacktacky has 2 batteries cause they run out quickly!!!

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

I went out looking for both the pearl and the blackjack so I could actually see and hold one instead of just pictures on the internet. I looked in three stores but only got the chance to see a blackjack at a cingular store. (They were sold out of bbs.) It'd be cool if I actually got to see one of these pearls!

The blackjack is a strange looking booger, but it was smaller than it looked in the internet pictures. Still more calculator looking than phone looking though.

The salesman said he thought the bb was better because it looked better.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

I simply prefer the BB OS over WM5

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRaider
    I went out looking for both the pearl and the blackjack so I could actually see and hold one instead of just pictures on the internet. I looked in three stores but only got the chance to see a blackjack at a cingular store. (They were sold out of bbs.) It'd be cool if I actually got to see one of these pearls!

The blackjack is a strange looking booger, but it was smaller than it looked in the internet pictures. Still more calculator looking than phone looking though.

The salesman said he thought the bb was better because it looked better.
    if you wanna see it first hand go to a t-mobile store (if you cant find it at a cingular store) then you can make your choice and just order online through cingular or whenever the store gets it

wasupdu no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the Blackjack for about 5 weeks before I finally returned it. I had two MAJOR complaints with the Blackjack:

1 - Windows does not belong on a computer much less a phone. The OS on the Blackjack drove me nuts. The phone froze up at least once per day and sometimes even in the middle of phone calls.

2 - The phonebook on the Blackjack wouldn't sync up with my car ('06 BMW 525). The Pearl sync's up perfectly and shows my phonebook on the screen, top 10 called numbers, missed calls, signal strength indicator, etc...

For me, this was a "no-brainer" type of decision for me. Only thing I don't like about having the Pearl is that the data is more expensive (BES) than when I had Good installed for the Blackjack. Also, the push email features on Goodlink seem to be much faster than with the BES.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by wasupdu
    I had the Blackjack for about 5 weeks before I finally returned it. I had two MAJOR complaints with the Blackjack:

1 - Windows does not belong on a computer much less a phone. The OS on the Blackjack drove me nuts. The phone froze up at least once per day and sometimes even in the middle of phone calls.

2 - The phonebook on the Blackjack wouldn't sync up with my car ('06 BMW 525). The Pearl sync's up perfectly and shows my phonebook on the screen, top 10 called numbers, missed calls, signal strength indicator, etc...

For me, this was a "no-brainer" type of decision for me. Only thing I don't like about having the Pearl is that the data is more expensive (BES) than when I had Good installed for the Blackjack. Also, the push email features on Goodlink seem to be much faster than with the BES.

lmao, you would think microsoft would have fixed the troubled windows OS by now

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

The Windows OS wouldn't work for me (MAC POWER!!!!!!!). I think windows is slow and just plain odd, but that's just me.

GotPearl?

MACPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Calculator is right. Did you see how the numbers are positioned on the Blackjack? It would be a real pain trying to place a call and dealing with that confusing layout.

BB made the right choice with the Pearl's keypad. The numbers are made prominent at the expense of the letter layout. After all it is a phone first and you get used to typing emails in short order.

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

Yah.. the blackjack is just plain ugly.

If anyone cares, I FINALLY got a short glance at a real life blackberry pearl!

I had to make about a 35 minute drive into South Austin. Then I wasn't that sure where it was, so i finally stopped to eat (starving) and asked the dudes at subway. They got me going in the right direction.

When I drove by I saw people in the store, so I ASSUMED it was open, and went around and ate my subway sandwich in the car before I went in.

But when I got up to the store, it WAS closed. I have no explanation for all the customers in the store, but the door was locked. I stood at the windows and looked pitiful. The clerks kept shaking their heads at me.

I whined that I'd driven from Kyle. That I'd gotten bad directions from the salesman at the T-mobile display in the Walmart in San Marcos. I said I just wanted to SEE a blackberry pearl.

Finally they let me in. I didn't want to take too long, but I finally got to see it. I think it's the perfect size and very nifty looking. The Dash was in the display right beside and THAT is a good looking piece as well, though again, not very phone like. I didn't have much time to consider that phone!

Yes, now that I've seen both, I definitely prefer the pearl over the blackjack!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRaider
    Yes, now that I've seen both, I definitely prefer the pearl over the blackjack!
    Good answer... LOL

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Yah the dash is LAGGGY. I tried both and Windows Media isnt a good thing for that one... Plus it isn't even made by a phone company persay..just Tmobile right? haha noty!

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

I know I am late getting into this but I would like to say that I had the blackjack and at first you love it casue its new. I think I have upgraded to every phone out there cingular or not and I have to say the one type of phone that I am always going back to is the Blackberry not casue of how cool it is but casue of all the cool people using it. LOL Really thou it is just the fact that the way the BB works is like driving a car that is a stick but it has not clucth, you know kinda like something everyone can use.

BTW the battery life sucked big time. If you really want to watch movies and music then sure go for it but we all know here that those are not the ****.

Just one BB persons thoughts

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Quote Originally Posted by Abrcrmbskier
    Plus it isn't even made by a phone company persay..just Tmobile right?
    The Dash is made by HTC, which is a well-known manufacturer of Windows Mobile devices.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Before I bought my pearl I knew that in same ways blackjack had better features and probably internet browser, but that didnt matter to me as much as the size difference. I got to tell u, PEARL rocks!!!!! just cause of it's size and shape!!!

MMulvey no está en línea Stack level 1

I also considered both the Pearl and the BlackJack - I liked the BJ's individual keys - I've never been a fan of predictive text - maybe what I type is just too unpredictable - The bigger screen is nice too. But what killed the BJ for me is the lack of voice-recognition. I can't believe that Samsung left out such a critical feature.

I'm a bit concerned that you don't "need" to train the Pearl's voice recognition - I have an accent and still have trouble getting drive-through attendants to understand that I don't want "tomaato" (instead of "tomatoe") on my sandwich but so far the pearl has understood me amazingly well - It would still be nice to have overrides on some records though - I had to rename my Office number "Office" instead of the firm's official acronym.

Now that I've had the Pearl for a while, I'm getting used to the text-entry -it has learnt some of my bad habits and predicts a lot better than my previous phone (Moto).

Getting to like the Pearl more and more - my only wish would be a nice spring-loaded flip keyboard cover like the old Ericsson T28 had.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast