View Poll Results: What age category do you fall in?

Voters
501. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Under 18

26 5.19%
  • 18-21

52 10.38%
  • 22-28

137 27.35%
  • 29-35

131 26.15%
  • 36-42

86 17.17%
  • 43-49

38 7.58%
  • 50+

26 5.19%
  • I am a woman and I never reveal my age

5 1.00%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

I'm not going to vote because I don't own a Pearl, but I have some ... Stackers' Lounge forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: BBP Age Group

Advertisement

I'm not going to vote because I don't own a Pearl, but I have some comments.

I'm with sanfran on this one to a degree.

To say RIM is targeting an age group is probabaly not accurate, but I think that the Pearl's target user will probabaly be younger on average than some of RIM's other devices. It's just not an intentional move on RIM's part.

RIM has NEVER targeted an age group in the past. They have always targeted the professional business person. The people that for one reason or another, wanted or needed to have 24/7 mobile access to their email, contacts, etc. I was 22 with no college degree when I got my first Blackberry 6230 for work. RIM has a strong foothold in that group of people, regardless of their age.

When other companies saw RIM's success in the professional market they tried to compete. These were the so called 'Blackberry Killers' but few even came close to claiming that title. When that didn't work companies began targeting the only group left, the non-professional. I think that this group was ignored initally becuase it was felt that only the professional group would be able to afford the high cost of these devices. As technology advanced the prices dropped. This is where the age factor does come in. There will be far more non-professionals in the lower age groups simply becuase they haven't gotten into a career yet.

Since RIM is strong in the professional arena, they did the next logical thing. Created a device that could compete in the non-professional market.

Anyway that's my two cents.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well said Sanfrancisco and Digitalslack.

And as far as the point Sanfrancisco was making was very clear.

5ive no está en línea Stack level 2

just becuase they dont TRY to target an age group doesnt mean that it wont affect one more than another, and thats what i want to find out. yeesh

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by 5ive
    just becuase they dont TRY to target an age group doesnt mean that it wont affect one more than another, and thats what i want to find out. yeesh
    5ive, not my intention to rain on your poll bud.
    you are right and i would be interested to know what age group on pinstack uses the Pearl most. I think all me and sanfran were pointing out was the age wasn't the factor RIM was considering when they worked up their marketing strategy for the Pearl.
    But that doens't mean that a certain group won't gravitate to the Pearl over another....infact i'd bet the younger groups will be higher....
    but that opens up another can of worms, whats the average age of a Pinstack user

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

what point are you trying to get across...
    Just expanding and discussing the weight of the poll, rather than simply clicking one of the age groups.

its all good..
    well loks like a good percent are in their 20's. i figured that would happen

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry if my post sounded a little rude. That was not my intention.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Nothing wrong with your poll posting. Heck, you are one up on me as I don't know how to do that.

All the reports I have seen [WSJ, Forbes, Business Weekly] have only reported on non-professional sales, not by age group.

In fact, I don't know that there are any carriers, vendors or manufacturers keeping track of the age of each purchaser/customer. I have seen independent surveys asking for demographic info, typically after one completes an online purchase, registers or sends in the warranty card.

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I think what might be an interesting poll is one that asks;
    Do you consider yourself a Professional or a Non-Professional Blackberry user
    and don't allow any selection but those two, I know many people might consider themselves to be BOTH but force them to choose one
    5ive, after your poll dies down maybe you can start up that one...
    just a thought

that actually would be interesting...to see whether people use their phone more for work or personal. I dont use mine for work, im all for the media, IMing, camera etc.

JLavino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E013FB

I am 22 and definately a non-pro user. I am in inside sales, but I travel about 3-4 weeks a year and at those times I will be able to utilize my Pearl to its professional fullness. I like it because its not a sidekick. The sidekick is real cheesy if you ask me. I am in a proffesional sales job, and if I walked in with a sidekick id get heckled all day. However, everyone loves my pearl! Just my $0.02
    Justin

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Blackberry Owners' Ages

Well, am in one category now, but come next month - darn it, this old age thing!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I haven't read this poll thread in a long time, I followed it for a month or so after it was first posted but got busy with other threads and all so kinda dropped the ball. Opened it just to see the Curve (Classic Bell curve distribution). But now I would like to ask one question. When did this thread change from a poll on BlackBerry Owners Ages, to one on Pearl Owners Ages?
    I'm not going to vote because I don't own a Pearl, but I have some comments.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    When did this thread change from a poll on BlackBerry Owners Ages, to one on Pearl Owners Ages?

Rcbjr.
    Good Question, as I don't know.

When I intially started the poll, it was Blackberry owners ages in general, not a specific model type?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

And also, does the Pearl target a specific age group intentionally? No

The move for RIM to make a pearl and multimedia devices are to compete to get NON business users ALONG WITH business users. They realized there is a huge market out there of people who see BlackBerry as ONLY a business device.

The releasing of the Pearl and future to come multimedia devices are to expand their market, plain and simple.

Like I have said before, RIM is NEVER going to go away from the business target groups, HOWEVER they are expanding their market base.

With the upcomming releases, if you don't want a camera, DON'T BUY ONE WITH A CAMERA AND STOP WHINING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!

ALL BLACKBERRY'S ARE NOT GOING TO START BEGIN EQUIPPED WITH CAMERAS!

RIM is NOT STUPID. They know where their main base lays, however they are EXPANDING THEIR MARKET GROUP.

As far as age groups on a specific phone, yes, a Pearl is going to attract a younger person (on an overall coverage) than a person who uses their device strictly for business, just like a Civic is going to appeal more to a younger crowd than a Buick is.

Now, back to the poll of what is the age of BlackBerry users across the board.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast