I read an article in the New York Times today that ended like this: Ms. ... Stackers' Lounge forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Benazir Bhutto was a Blackberry user

Advertisement

I read an article in the New York Times today that ended like this:
    Ms. Bhutto kept up her networking until the very end. Last week, Mr. Siegel said, he e-mailed Ms. Bhutto to tell her he had heard that their publisher, HarperCollins, was pleased with the book the two had just turned in, “Reconciliation: Islam, Democracy and the West.” He received a happy response from Ms. Bhutto by BlackBerry. “Which we called her ‘crackberry’ because she was so addicted to it,” Mr. Siegel said.
    The time was 2 a.m. Thursday, noon in Rawalpindi. Six hours later, Ms. Bhutto was dead.
    As always, her last e-mail message to Mr. Siegel had been an almost instantaneous response. “She would answer me within 15 minutes, even at crazy times,” Mr. Siegel said. “I said, ‘Why are you up?’ And she would say, ‘I’m working.’ ”
    Read the entire article here.
    Last edited by cyberspastic; 12-29-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: changed article link

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Benazir Bhutto was a Blackberry user

Many people in government use blackberries. The encryption is what does it I believe. Paris Hilton has one after her sidekick got hacked. I have no fear of anyone gaining info from my BB once its locked. Even the memory card with my photos is encrypted. As For the ex Prime Minister, I hope her legacy will be remembered for more than a technophile, but as a strong woman in a hostile country who used whatever means she could to make a difference. (Be it good or bad, I express no opinion here.)

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

My heart goes out to Pakistan. I hope the best for their country after all they have been thru
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I agree with Azmoto. I'm not completely up to speed with all of Ms (I'm sorry if the title is incorerct- no offense intede) Bhutto's political accomplishments. But from everything else I've seen and heard recently she certainly was someone who could make a difference (and apparently a good one). I certainly feel strong compassion for the people of Pakistan, the assasination seems to have strongly divided people. I only hope that their strength and resolve can overcome this adversity.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

RIP to Bhutto