Also known as How a text message made for a long day. Here's how it ... Stackers' Lounge forum

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Be careful what innfo you send via text

Advertisement

Also known as
    How a text message made for a long day.

Here's how it went.

My buddy calls me and says he is flying in to Philly, from vegas and needs a ride to Harrisburg. Keep in mind I live in jersey.
    The drive to philly is an hour and a half, but he's a great friend!

The night of his flight I get a phone call from his roommate that his flight was cancelled. Go northwest airlines.
    A few texts and a few phone calls later I decide to get some much needed sleep and tell him to just text me with flight info.

I wake up the following morning eager to see my buddy and hit the BB for info.

The flight #*** and newark airport. Yay a small drive, check the flight info online and that flight is headed into New york.

Googlemaps burning and flying around to get ready for a much longer drive, I finally get out the door.

Freeways and tollroads, man they get ya everywhere out here, later I am now in NY in gridlock traffic and sitting goin nowhere fast.

Incoming text says "I'm on the ground" I call back to tell him I just entered NY and to grab a bite and get comfy.

He then pauses and after asking the couple seated next to him. "where the h*** did we just land?"
    Comes back with no I'm in jersey.

After a brief conversation he realizes he sent me the wrong flight. The one he sent to me was a possible from the airline.

I quickly cut off many angry NYers (sorry stacey if you were there).

Finally get turned around and figure out how to get to newark airport, The whole time laughing outloud.

Get to the airpot and picked him up. Still laughing, no hurt feelings or harm done Now we are off to PA. 2 and a half hour drive......

Just warning you to watch what you send.
    Hope you enjoyed and sorry it was so long, like my drive that day!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Re: Be careful what innfo you send via text

I totally want to read this Kayos but I'm too drunk...but I will tomorrow how about I promise not to text anyone tonight and then Im safe right?!...until tomorrow anyway

Thanks for the information...It looks like good infornmation.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

You will get quite a gigle!

I wrote it while drinking
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

LoLz @ the 2 of you