Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should start a compertition - first person to get his pin wins! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... Stackers' Lounge forum

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d

Advertisement

Should start a compertition - first person to get his pin wins!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I live in Virginia, and I am proud we went blue for once in like 40 something years!
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Good to see a change in the presidential seat! Lets hope he'll make a change for the better as our leader...

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Woo!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    I think its hilarious how ppl cry racism all the time and last night I saw the words "Black" and "White" so many times on the tv. Haha we never seen that before but now that's all we are gonna see.Who cares what color he is, just get ish done!! I just wish that ppl voted on character and not colour.
    I'm in the same boat Kent. In my opinion, Martin Luthor King Jr's famous speech said something like, "DO not judge by the color of your skin, but by the content of your character."

I voted for that purpose, and for the same reason I have 3 black friends who voted for Mc Cain.

Everyone's human so I'm not expecting him to be perfect...
    I'm just praying Obama does his job correctly and to the best of his ability.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I feel this election was built to much on race. Everyone voted based on race, and age. Hardly anything with what there polices will be, and what there plans are. Even after Obama one, everyone was celebrating like they elected a guy with a 100billion in his wallet to help the US tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great they have a black president, and I believe the rest of the world will see them in a better light. But the fact that everyone celebrates like the only thing that mattered was a Black man becoming president.... well good luck for the next 4 years.

This was a big popularity vote, so now that he is, lets see how well he is with sticking to his word.
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Just like on Howard Stern yesterday reading McCains policies to Obama supporters PRETENDING they were Obama's policies and every black person that called was agreeing to them. I don't care what colour he is but just like Martin Luthor King said....go by character not colour. Did anyone hear the crowd hush when Obama said last night that Americans are going to have to make sacrafices?? Now that he is in, the truth will come out. Just member that you got what you asked for.... You wanna choose cause of colour now don't complain for the next 4 years....

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Don't say everybody voted for Obama based on his race. I don't care about the presidents color, age, sex, or even where he grew up...I care about what that person says he/she is gonna do for our country.

I'm just saying.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by Anela808 View Post
    Don't say everybody voted for Obama based on his race. I don't care about the presidents color, age, sex, or even where he grew up...I care about what that person says he/she is gonna do for our country.

I'm just saying.

I'm not saying you personally voted that way, and I'm not saying that's why EVERYONE voted Obama. I was making the point that there was people voting Obama based on his race. Weeks ago I was talking to a black man, just casual talk, who eventually brought up he's voting for Obama for the sake to see a brotha in office.

I was talking to one of my customers who wanted to go with Sprint instead of AT&T and I compared her with me shopping for auto insurance rates, that I had a company offer me a lower rate than companies like Allstate, AAA, and other companies. I explained that company wasn't interested in covering me in an accident, but to earn my business by dropping my auto coverage. I told her that's why Sprint offers lower rates because they can't improve their cell coverage with AT&T's, and they need a way to get customers. Do you want to know the first sentance out of her mouth was? "I joined Allstate because they have that fine black man on the commercials."

She went with Allstate not for coverage or rates, but because of the hit giving the commercial.

I think many people voted obama for what he stands for, but there was many people who voted Obama for reasons that had nothing to do with what he stood for and what actions he wants to take with the country, but because they just wanted to see him in office.

He wasn't judged by his character. Again, I work with 3 black guys who refused to vote for Obama because of what he stood for, and they even told me they wished there families felt the same, but their families kept talking about that black man candidate they wanted to see in office.
    I'm not trying to step on any stackers toes here, or to insinuate that stackers voted for the wrong reasons, I'm just saying Anelea here shouldn't feel like me and Kent are hanging up on her, but there's reasons we voted the way we did.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I know where you are both getting at but at the same time the comment clark stated about not complaining for who we voted for really wasn't necessary and considering that I didn't vote at all I still take offense to that. It doesn't make it any better as well when Clark posts a thread about illegal aliens and it is so coincidental now that he just makes that comment in the thread up above after that thread.

Justyn, I completely understand your intentions but with Clark I stand to believe otherwise.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay so he said something to upset you in more than one thread, but let's not add fuel to the fire. We should just stop the comments right here. He upsets you and you say something, he'll say something back, you get into this hide political and moral arguement, then we get a great theme builder kicked out for 30 days along with a great person who knows their stuff. Let's stop here and let that be that. Come one guys, peace!

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Im all for peace, thats why it took me so long to reply, needed to find the right words......I just wanted to clarify that I wasnt bashing anyones opinions or statements, i just wanted to remind everyone that even though things seem to be a certain way there is always an exception. i just used myself as an example to show this and hopefully remind everyone to think about how their statements can affect others.
    PIN: 2485D13B

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

PIN/ID
    just ask
    So this kind of demeanor is allowed? Because he's a great theme builder?

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I really hope so Justyn... I really hope so.

Like Angel, I'm not looking to start anything with anyone but I can't help to let something that continues to burn my eyes and not say how I feel. That is how it began in the first place.

This is all I have to say......
    Last edited by BES Noob; 11-06-2008 at 04:07 AM. Reason: losing faith in people without pissing anyone off...

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I dont mean to upset anyone.....my point about the illegal aliens thread was SIMPLY that too many americans are complaining that the war is a waste of money... and the majority of this country is saying lets fix OUR probs first before we go there and waste money. But we waste billions of dollars here so I think homeland security is more important then our immigration prob....which is why im for the war!

Dont be angry with me....im soooo not a racist, just pissed that way too many african americans in this country, who always bring up MLK jr and "his dreams", didnt even stop to think about what his dream was which was judging by character and not colour.....Im not saying all did this but way too many did. I also believe way too many white ppl voted for McCain cause they didnt want a black man in the whitehouse.....Hence my comment about dont complain cause you got what you asked for.

politics and race always stir up emotions..... its a sensitive issue, in the end we are all on the same team...
    Last edited by clarkkent51ny; 11-06-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12