Is anyone here a user of Skype? I saw the ad on a page I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Anyone Here Use Skype?

Advertisement

Is anyone here a user of Skype?

I saw the ad on a page I was looking at (http://fido.net78.net - in the right hand column).

When you go to the site it says it works seamlessly with internet, and the software is free, but when you read into it you need to pay to use the service. I tried it once a long time ago when it was free, and I didn't really have a good experience with it, so I'm not anxious now to pay for using it.

If anyone here has used this, or Lingo, have you found them to be reliable and pretty stable?

1 minute later.....I forgot to mention, I'm looking to use it from my laptop, not my BlackBerry.

Thanks for your help.

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Is anyone here a user of Skype?

I saw the ad on a page I was looking at (http://fido.net78.net - in the right hand column).

When you go to the site it says it works seamlessly with internet, and the software is free, but when you read into it you need to pay to use the service. I tried it once a long time ago when it was free, and I didn't really have a good experience with it, so I'm not anxious now to pay for using it.

If anyone here has used this, or Lingo, have you found them to be reliable and pretty stable?

1 minute later.....I forgot to mention, I'm looking to use it from my laptop, not my BlackBerry.

Thanks for your help.

I use Skype off and on. I used it extensively during my grad school time when my study group was spread out due to travel for their jobs, etc. The service is still "free" when using computer to computer. If you get the virtual phone number, there's a fee for that as well as buying the "Skype Credits" for use of the line (or if you call an actual phone number from your Skype acct).

Definitely a good piece of software to have if traveling overseas and talking pc to pc via Skype.

The rates aren't too bad actually...and the International call quality is pretty decent (all the times I've used it so far0... even for video conference/chat. My child uses it all the time now to do the video chat with friends that have moved away and such. But with cell phone convenience and calling card rates cheap also...I've actually decreased my Skype use.

I've seen several Skype-enabled phones that look promising if WiFi or Wimax or whatever were more available.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I use skype for business. I have it on my Curve and it works great. It's great if you have to make international calls. I have unlimited internation (for 34 countries) for just $79/year.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Could be very cheap for that alone!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!