My daughter's Myspace page has been acting up and I can't seem to fix it. ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Any Myspace Experts?

Advertisement

My daughter's Myspace page has been acting up and I can't seem to fix it. No matter what layout she chooses it will not capture it. We have did a cut and paste of every section on her page trying to eliminate a possible bad link and it still doesn't work. As you know, Myspace really doesn't provide any support and I hate for her to have create a new page. Any help would be appreciated.

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Re: Any Myspace Experts?

What's the prob?

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are the layouts being created or taken from a layout site

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know.. just guessing here...If you are reapplying everything that she had.. such as pictures or any code... It might be reinfecting it each time.

Is she getting the layout from the same source?

If her friends are sending her cute little Myspace graphics and pics.. they could be reinfecting it each time.. like in her comment section or email me section.

Delete those pics or comments with graphics, change her password, then try a different layout and see if that helps.
    Last edited by swbtsboy; 01-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Sometimes when the kids clutter the living daylights out of their pages with lil cutsey codes that crash everyone elses when they hit their page, sometimes you just gotta start over and clean house or else you will have weeks of code to sift through in order to make it better. My kids kill their profiles from this too. I just go in and purge all the code from every area so that they have their friends and comments still in tact, and then start them over from there. Usually does the trick...for a while. They just dont recognize the spamfest happening on there and I usually have to do it again in a few months.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

The fix is going to facebook :-) much more simple and a lot more fun IMO
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Yeah its less garb for sure...but the apps are getting out of control on there too though
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

She's getting the layout from different sources but she is not creating them. When she saves the new layout and clicks back on her profile it will show the new layout for a second and than it will be gone. I isolated each section one at a time by deleting it and still couldn't get it to work so maybe it is in the comments from her friends. Any other comments are welcome.

Thats really weird! I dont think the comments would have anything to do with it, but then again hackers are makin up new spam crap on there all the time. You may be a first victim there of something new. Or I just dont know about it lol! Wish I could help more!

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i am pretty good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Lol, she must delete the prior layout first... Myspace reads code like a book. It reads from up to down. if she left the old myspace code in the "edit profile" then it will read that first. Tell her to delete the old code. If you trust me I can do it for you. I have seen this done to someone before.

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

JayR,

I will give her the info tonight and if she is interested I will let you know. Thanks.