Just wondering if there is anyone else here with diabetes (type 1 or 2). I'm ... Stackers' Lounge forum

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

Any diabetics here?

Advertisement

Just wondering if there is anyone else here with diabetes (type 1 or 2). I'm type 1. Was diagnosed when I was 5....28 now....had it 23 long years, lol. I have background retinopathy, but thats it, and that has barely changed through the years, so for the most part is seems I'm pretty "healthy" (other than the fact that I enjoy eating, a lot). Anyways, I've been on the pump for the last few years and am VERY happy with it. I've always kind of kept my eyes out for a blood glucose tracking program for bb, always thought it would be nice...but never seen one. Anyone else have apps on their bb they find helpful for managing their diabetes?
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Any diabetics here?

Martin - I'm diabetic.
    Type 1, diagonosed only 5 years ago - almost 6
    Pumper too - Minimed

i was just thinking this morning how convenient it would be if my pearl would check my blood sugars!

i haven't found a program yet...at least one that is free. maybe if i had one for my pearl, i'd keep better records

PIN/ID
    24347b90

LOL, I know the feeling. I did try out a product that was out a few years ago...used a Visor Handspring pda and what they called a "springboard module" to turn into a glucose meter. It was pretty cool back then, but certainly too big to lug around these days... I'd really like to see just a simply bg recording app/pump bolus app for bb....

Have you seen Minimeds new continuous monitoring system? It talks directly to the pump, recommending bolus amounts-still requires you to confirm dosages, but at least its continuous! I can't wait for insurance companies to start picking it up! Maybe by then I'll be done paying off my pump!
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did a study with dexcom, who makes a cgms too. It was cool, but I'm still undecided on wearing two devices at a time. I like having all the readings, but calibration is still necessary.

When this one is paid off *in 6 months* I may decide to switch to cozmo. It has the attached meter. But wanna see how thick it is first.

Do you belong to any diabetes forums?

PIN/ID
    24347b90

Not anymore. Was on insulin-pumpers for a while, but got away from it after I got use to being on the pump. Just switched a few months ago from a 508 to the 722. Will have to check out the cozmo--I haven't done much research into other pumps and all lately....

As for Minimed's combined system, it doesn't really seem like it will be two seperate devices....gotta wonder though how the bg monitoring sensor will fit under clothing though.... seems like they may have been able to find a better solution for it, but if its affordable soon I'm sure I'll be using it!

HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

Diabetic here myself! Diagnosed at the age of 13....23 now...10 good long years!!!

Type 1
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2

type 2 here on insulin, getting the cozmo deltec on the 31 as a loan to try out, been diabetic fo 10 years

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

cozmo deltic? Never heard of it! Maybe it's time I do some update research on what's new coming out!
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

puckplayer4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I'm not buy my son is. Age 10 now dxd at at 2.5. Pumper. Has used Minimed and Cozmo's...currently using Cozmo. Highly recommend pumps, especially for the youngins.