Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It just feels wrong to me. Has anyone contact a mod on this.... Stackers' Lounge forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

It just feels wrong to me. Has anyone contact a mod on this.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    It just feels wrong to me. Has anyone contact a mod on this.
    i also agree....this is a BB community that provides services, information, and HOW TO's on Blackberry's not on dating

there are sites like Myspace and Facebook for that
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    but its not for dating and surely anyone who gives their pin out is aware of the nature of the context theyre gonna get?

i havent contacted a mod as there isnt much point if there isnt any interest, obviously there isnt much (if any) so doubt very much anything will come of it. even by now its been dragged out too far for anyone who was interested to pick up and reply to the initial post.

i assume that any other threads in the social room which try to gather groups of pins for gays or to attract opposite sexes pins are to be frowned upon as people keep pointing out that this isnt a dating site so should be one rule for all?

we could go as far as saying that facebook and myspace arent dating sites either so theres just as much reason to do it here as there is there

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Well personally feel that pinstach has more of a large family feel to it and that things of this nature are not against the rules but for a family site, no.
    I do fully understand where u are coming from but to me personally I come here for the best blackberry info and a bit of banter.

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    I think its a bad idea, there are sites for this already

Agreed. No need when you can go elsewhere. It doesnt seem the stacks were created with that in mind. But, above all, this is just my opinion.
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well here are my two pesos on this situation. I think that this site offers a chance to get solutions, software, themes etc. Including getting a chance to meet people. That's why there is a section for such posts. I don't think there is a problem for you to get start a thread with your interest as long as it follows the site's rules. I see threads and posts everyday for people wanting to meet more people. And that's what makes this site unique... We got everything and anything for BB.. I honestly don't see a problem specially if posted on the appropriate place and following the guidelines. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I agree. I personally believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and shouldn't be put down if they are looking to hook up or talk about their lifestyles... however this is a blackberry forum. We exchange PINs to chat with other people, but again it's a forum to talk about blackberry's and bash the iPhone, so when girls come to this site they're expecting these type of conversations, not hooking up with other users and being sent inappropriate pictures.

Again, I respect people's perspectives, but this is not a dating site. If people want to start a religious thread or a gay thread, MOD doesn't delete these threads out of repect for those people, but this is a blackberry forum... and #1 I might add!

I'm leaving my pedestal now, peace!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, here's my 2 cents as well. The social networking aspect of PinStack is important to many of our members. It's a great way for people of like interests to meet and then use their BBs to communicate.

But I think that what you will find though, is that this is a family friendly site with a large number of under age users. Most of the members here will avoid posting their interest in a thread like this out of respect for the fact that young teens can easily access the information and that there is no way of verifying the age of the person you are in contact with.

There are sites popping up that are strictly social for BB users, groups on facebook, etc. where the focus is only social and maybe things like this will just fit in better there or where people may feel more comfortable with posting their PINs in search of these sorts of exchanges.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Personally, I really don't see a thing wrong with having an adult oriented chat. Considering that already having a gay, lesbian, and a drunk post isn't already adult oriented enough. I can see the point of most of the people as to why they would like to keep a level of comfort among the people on this website but regardless of what happens its going to happen whether this thread goes on or not. I think as long as it is closely monitored with the right intentions it may end up being a rather fun thread. I also believe as well when the word "adult" is used I'm sure there will be a fine line as to what will be appropriate for this site or not.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I agree. There is no need to bring "adult" talk/stuff to PinStack. This is a site for BB Newbies & BBA's.

Well, I'm sure that if you find someone who shares your interest, and that you have build trust and relationship you can talk about different things via BBM or PIN messages.. I'm sure you can establish that kind of relationship with someone that you meet in this site. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Considering that already having a gay, lesbian, and a drunk post isn't already adult oriented enough.
    Makes a good point...if there are the above mentioned areas how is the Admin Staff ensuring that youngsters dont enter these areas ?
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    its not a 'dating' thing tho is it, its not 'bringing' anything to the site and anything that would be said would be via handsets so no-one else is gonna see it!

if i started a thread asking for pins so i could chat about classic cars then im sure any replies would just be pins..... surely it would be the same thing? it would be for existing members not an advertisement for new people.

Well like I said... What's wrong with people wanting to talk about adult topics? There is networking and community areas in this chat.. I think its a matter of people's choice to go into those specific areas of the site or not. Much like is today.. If you are not interested in looking into a particular area of the site, you just don't.
    Besides, other similar adult areas already exist here. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrstaccs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303683c8
    I've just read everything in this thread and this is what I see:

blah blah blah dating. Blah blah blah adult. Blah not blah blah blahade blah blah. This blah blah is not blah blah. Use blah or blah.

Now this is my take on everything. This is not a place that has to satisfy everyone. It has different Opinions from a lot of people. Make your complaints, comments, suggestions, and move on. A butcher shop isn't a place for an animal activist, a bar isn't a place for an reformed drunk, but there are places for them to go. But at the same time, if they want to go there, they can cuz no1 is stopping them. Basically what I'm saying is get over it!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast