Hey folks, Well, im just wondering, does anybody own a Acer netbook, i.e. Acer Aspire ... Stackers' Lounge forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Acer Aspire One

Advertisement

Hey folks,

Well, im just wondering, does anybody own a Acer netbook, i.e. Acer Aspire One?

http://www.acer.us/public/page4.do?l...crc=1628973581

I think its pretty cool and very small, i would be using it for college note taking, i definitely want the newest macbook but its very pricey. Although i love macs, this little aspire seems it would do the job..

Please give me some enlightenment here..

Take care..

MartyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    They had them on sale today at CompUSA here in South Florida. For $349 I picked one up... pretty slick little puppy. Has Windows XP which is what I wanted, and it'll be great to just stick in a briefcase and have handy when I might need it.

I have a MacBook, which is far superior to this one, but it works. Has a webcam, WiFi, NO CD/DVD, and a small keyboard which takes a while to get used to.

But all in all, after playing with it this afternoon, I kinda like it for what it is...

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using mine for about a month now. I got the 120GB with the 1GB RAM XP version. I love it.

It is by no means a replacement for your desktop but it works like a charm for school and work.

Try it with the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung TruDirect External Slim 8X DVD Writer 5X DVD Reader USB 2.0 USB Powered [/FONT]I just cut and pasted from NCIX.COM on that one. But the super slim format works great if you need to carry hard media as well.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i have to complitely agree with KriK here i got mine about a month ago and while it will NOT replace your main computer, (i use an iMac at Home) its a PERFECT travel companion and runs XP on 120GB for BDM and other microsoft Office.
    Now dont take me wrong if apple was to come out with a 9" Macbook id be all over that lol but for now the Acer Aspire One is PERFECT.
    (btw i tried the Asus EEE 10" and the MSI Wind before buying the Acer One and the latter is the BEST of all three - really no regrets)

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Thanks, i probably would get one.. I am just thinking if i should spend the 1599, for the new aluminum MB. Or just this 399 pup.. I love the looks of baby and so the macbook. but i really need the laptop for some college notes..

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    I have an EEEPC and works good, wasn't expecting much of a small system, it came with Linux and I installed XP Proff, was the old ones 2nd gen, wasnt until a buddy of mine show me his Acer Aspire that I notice the difference, thats a real system I like it a lot.

If you are to get a new one, I say, try the keyboards first see which fits you better, Acer, HP and Dell have their own versions, I just know Asus keyboard does not have the right arrangement for me to type fast.

Enjoy

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00 View Post
    Thanks, i probably would get one.. I am just thinking if i should spend the 1599, for the new aluminum MB. Or just this 399 pup.. I love the looks of baby and so the macbook. but i really need the laptop for some college notes..

well just to be honest, i am thinking of getting the new AL MB as well just because im an apple junkie and i think the AL iMac is the sexiest piece of computer ever and they basically just made a laptop that looks the same way so i gotta have it lol.
    Are you in Canada ? maybe i could sell you my One ? or maybe ill keep both i am a road warrior after all lol