Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting a new car! Tired of high gas prices, need something smaller.... Do I lease ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

A new car, yay! Help me decide...

Advertisement

Getting a new car! Tired of high gas prices, need something smaller....

Do I lease or buy? Give me some pro's and con's please....

Anybody have suggestions on what I should be driving?

I was thinging VW, I've heard only good things.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Re: A new car, yay! Help me decide...

Go with a Subaru WRX cant go wrong. SUPER safe, AWD (all wheel drive), hauls ***, not overly expensive.

ThatGuy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243F1213

I'm on my second Pontiac Vibe..I can't complain about them at all...great gas mileage, no problems at all.
    http://ma.ttada.ms
    PIN: 243F1213

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

Fun to drive. (2.0 Turbo engine) You can get them in 4 dr. Base price is around 23K (USA) and they get good gas mileage. 25/32.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I agree with Dakid21...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ too many pros and cons to list, I would google "buy vs lease car".
    And hit first couple links. I have a lease on 06 jetta and personally wouldn't lease again.

If your going to lease make sure u know how much mileage you will use annually, going over can be costly. Calculate how much you will pay for the car over the course of the lease, it might make sense puchasing the car. New cars loose most of its value over the first two years so if you plan to lease know the % of the msrp that you pay before you give up the car

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Neither lease nor buy new nor payments. Buy used and pay cash, no exceptions. Let some other fool lose $2000 for driving it 20 miles and $5,000+ for buying something he couldn't pay for at the time.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I agree with yelowfin, never be the sucker who buys the car new wait and get the well looked after 1year 0ld vehicle with full service history from a registered dealer. let the original purchaser take the big hit, the truth is as soon as you drive a new car out of the showroom you loose! And the VW golf has and will remain one of the the best cars ever built (apart from my audi

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

My wife drives a 2003 1.8 L Turbo Jetta. It has really been nice and fast! The warranty is better than most other cars in its class, and the service has always been quick and thorough. She drives almost exclusively in town, and probably gets around 24 mpg. One thing I don't like is how the interior is laid out. Everything just seems crowded. I've noticed that on newer VWs, too.Other than that, you can't go wrong with a VW.

I drive a 2004 Mazda 3. I can't recommend it enough. It's such a great car. It doesn't have as much pickup as my wife's Jetta, but it's plenty fast. It handles really well (MUCH better than the Jetta), and it looks sharp. The interior is really well-planned. It feels roomy and has a ton of storage. I stay in town most of the time, and I probably get 26 or 27 mpg.

I think my wife and I agree that we like the Mazda slightly better. I call it my Mazdarati. It seems like more thought went into the design, and it's more fun to drive. But we're both fairly aggressive drivers. YMMV.

I've also been really interested in the Scion TC. I most likely choose between a Mazdaspeed 3, a Scion TC or a VW GTI when I trade my Mazda 3 in next year.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had a 2 door Chevrolet Cavalier. It was ok but too small for my needs. I have a Chevrolet Venture minivan now but may be looking at a Nissan Titan or a full size van when this is paid off.

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had a 2 door Chevrolet Cavalier. It was ok but too small for my needs. I have a Chevrolet Venture minivan now but may be looking at a Nissan Titan or a full size van when this is paid off.
    That's nice.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakid21
    That's nice.
    It would have been if it hadn't been for the physical problems my shoulders took getting in and out of the car transferring to and from a chair all the time. Also, I hated the Chair Topper I had on it.

I have always been a truck person. My dad picks on me all the time cause he doesn't like the Nissan Titan.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

dont like this???

Last edited by Macdarwin; 04-27-2007 at 01:53 PM.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Quote Originally Posted by Macdarwin
    dont like this???

Im getting the urban grey as they call it

bigmace3000 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22AE5DFF

I highky recommend a slightly used Honda Civic or Accord.Very good on gas ,reliable,hold their value tremendously well.Plus no payments!!!!
    The crime is undetectable by the feds cause in the minds of our kids is where the track is...and music is potent and straight to the soul...so its much more addictive than crack is!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast