It appears that 92.3 Free Fm will be changing formats from Talk to music. They ... Stackers' Lounge forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

92.3 Free Fm- Can't Take The Heat!!

Advertisement

It appears that 92.3 Free Fm will be changing formats from Talk to music.

They claim it is because low ratings, I say its because they lack a spine in dealing with recent issues. An opportunity was given to stand up and do the right thing and they jacked it up.

Whether rock or talk- I for one will never tune into 92.3 again.

Speak up, Speak out- and most importantly CHANGE THE DIAL. CBS YOU SUCK!!!

Here is some information courtesy of NY DAILY NEWS
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: 92.3 Free Fm- Can't Take The Heat!!

About time. I miss the days of good rock on there. Hope this is true.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Geez.. the FreeFM website now has a countdown timer which looks like it'll be official as of 5:00PM..

According to this report, O&A will be 'spared' (WHEW) and will still do mornings there.. Unfortunately, it looks like Ron and Fez will be homeless (on regular radio, they still have thier XM show...)

personally, the only thing I listened to on Free FM was O&A and R&F - both of which I can get on XM (when the suspension is up.. hopefully).. Regular radio sucks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    About time. I miss the days of good rock on there. Hope this is true.
    I am a fan of good music- and I use to hear 92.3 K-Rock all the time. But I just can't support that station in any way shape or form.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Geez.. the FreeFM website now has a countdown timer which looks like it'll be official as of 5:00PM..

According to this report, O&A will be 'spared' (WHEW) and will still do mornings there.. Unfortunately, it looks like Ron and Fez will be homeless (on regular radio, they still have thier XM show...)

personally, the only thing I listened to on Free FM was O&A and R&F - both of which I can get on XM (when the suspension is up.. hopefully).. Regular radio sucks!
    XM showed its true colors as well. Suspending O&A- last time I checked I was paying for my XM service which included UNCENSORED MUSIC AND TALK.

XM SUCKS TOO!
    5RAWMINUTES!

– George Carlin

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

now it makes sense. they had crap playing all day long.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

We just got the email at work...

We just made an exciting change at one of our radio stations in New York and I wanted to be the first to share with you details of the announcement.
    Today at 5:00PM, 92.3 K-ROCK marked its return to the airwaves featuring an array of hit rock music from artists such as Linkin Park, Pearl Jam, Metallica and Led Zeppelin. Opie and Anthony will continue to anchor the station's line-up as we move to build on the solid foundation the K-ROCK brand has in the market. The on-air imaging is some of the best I've heard in years and I'm eagerly anticipating great things from the station moving forward.
    Today’s move follows the recent re-launch of KFRC Classic Hits in San Francisco. The Bay area icon debuted a week ago to a wave of positive reaction from listeners and the press. Please join me in congratulating both stations on successful launches. Copies of the respective press releases are available on IKE.
    Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Ok.. I listened to K-Rock on the way home.. its AWESOME to have it back!!!!! Made me realize how much I enjoyed having good, "classic" rock music on the radio again... Guns N Roses (TWICE!! Thanks Opie), Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Offspring.. just excellent.. Glad its back... regular radio still sucks, but K-Rock is a step in the right direction!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I just moved to jersey and was wondering if all there was is talk radio, now I know which station to hit.
    thanks for the heads-up
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Hey Kayos... if you're in Somerset, you're about 10 minutes from me. The regular radio around here does suck, which is sad considering we're in the NY market. K-Rock is a welcome addition to the cr*p stations here... the only other remotely decent station is 105.5 (which is based out of Jersey, not NY). Aside from that its "All Daughtry, All the time" stations.. (formerly, all Britney, all Backstreet Boys, all Menudo... they go through phases). In other words - commercialized, overplayed, teen-centric, crap.

In all honestly, unless you're a big fan of commercials, I'd suggest picking up XM (or Sirius, even though I hate Sirius) - the selection on Sat Radio is much better.. (Current issues with O&A/censorship aside of course) - in general we're in a great market for Satellite Radio. There are commercials on the talk shows, but I can understand that - they do have to take breaks.. the majority of music stations are commercial free. My sister lives in South Jersey, about an hour or so away - its nice being able to drive there and back and never hear an advertisement for a product I have no interest in!

Anyway, didn't meant to get too off-topic... K-Rock coming back is a very nice surprise.. Unfortunately it (and WDHA 105.5) are the only 2 things worth listening to on FM).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~