I've had a report from one of my users that every so often their Blackberry ... Server Admins forum

Quitch no está en línea Stack level 1

Your unlock code has been changed by your administrator

Advertisement

I've had a report from one of my users that every so often their Blackberry password stops working and they get the error "Your unlock code has been changed by your administrator" or "words to that effect". Great.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find any information on any message like this, nor is the password being reset by the administrators as the Blackberrys are encrypted and therefore password resets are not an option.

Anyone got any idea as to the cause?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    If they are on BES, there password can be reset from the BES console.
    The issues is do they have to call there help desk to get it reset to something they can use? It should not reset it automatically, it requires some intervention from BES to change.

You can push out a policy from BES that requires it to be changed every x number of days also.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 07-30-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Quitch no está en línea Stack level 1
    We have such a policy in place, I also checked the 'Reset password and lock handheld' option but the text it displays is "Your administrator has changed your password" and the user is adamant that it said "unlock code". Plus I'm about the only person managing the Blackberrys and they haven't spoken to anyone else.

I've been trying to get the full error message from the user but they're having a bit of a tantrum at the moment.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    There are people like that everywhere.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104