Has anyone had any issues going to yahoo.com on their handhelds? I'm having a bit ... Server Admins forum

dcampbell1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Yahoo.com weirdness

Advertisement

Has anyone had any issues going to yahoo.com on their handhelds? I'm having a bit of a weird issue, let me explain:
    We are running BES 4.0.7 on Groupwise, 5 servers, around 800 handhelds. All servers use the same proxy for internet access.
    None of my users can access yahoo.com (or with the www in front) on their handhelds. They can access fine if they go to mobile.yahoo.com, which resolves to 216.252.107.213. The handhelds are referred to m.yahoo.com, which resolves to 68.180.218.95 or 69.147.67.144, in round-robin fashion.
    If I go to 69.147.67.144 in the browser, I get in fine; 68.180.218.95 returns a 503. I have the same results on the desktop; on an un-provisioned handheld (Verizon) and from home (FiOS). I also called a friend on Time Warner that confirmed the issue with 68.180.218.95.
    Of course, my Proxy (Border Manager) is caching and using 68.180.218.95, which means no one can get there.
    Is anyone else having an issue like this, or can verify what I've found, or can prove me insane? I can't believe there is an issue with Yahoo, and from searching, I cannot find anyone else with an issue...
    Thanks!

Dave

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Yahoo.com weirdness

hmmm. it just worked fine for me via the w3.yahoo.com have you tried clearing the browser cache and tried again also has it ever worked before?

dcampbell1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Yahoo.com weirdness

Yep, we cleared the cache, rebooted the proxy, and it went right back to caching the 68. address.