Hello, Somebody can explain me why some users do not have the option "wireless synchronization" ... Server Admins forum

Mathos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question wireless synchronization for calendar/notes/tasks

Advertisement

Hello,

Somebody can explain me why some users do not have the option "wireless synchronization" for their calendar or their notes or the tasks. The IT policy is set to "true"

They made an Entreprise activation on a BES server 4.1 for ms-Exchange

How can I check if activation proceeded successfully to 100 %

The devices are 8310 or 8800

Thank you.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: wireless synchronization for calendar/notes/tasks

Check their provider accounts. They have to have BlackBerry Enterprise service - not BlackBerry Internet Service.

I just had an 8310 (AT&T) that had the wrong service, and Enterprise Activation wasn't even in the Advanced Options list. Once the account was reset to Enterprise service, all that was needed was a battery pull to get it working (yea - I was surprised too!).

You'll be able to provision a BlackBerry that has only Internet service wired, and even be able to send and receive PIN messages, but once you unplug the device, it will be unable to send any email (assuming no BIS email), and no wireless synchronization will possible.
    JerryD

willenb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: wireless synchronization for calendar/notes/tasks

I think I have the same problem as the original poster. How do you change your phone from BIS to BES. How can I verify that my phone is running in BES mode? What I'm hoping to be able to accomplish is the ability to field match and further customize how my calendar is synced to my phone. I'd like to be able to pick a public calendar for syncing as well, rather than just the default profile calendar.