Hello all, Just wondering: what are the available options (if any) for a single user ... Server Admins forum

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

Wireless sync of outlook contacts, tasks, calendar without using BES...

Advertisement

Hello all,

Just wondering: what are the available options (if any) for a single user (myself) to be able to sync up my Outlook contacts, tasks and calendar wirelessly instead of going home and plugging in the USB cable every time I want to sync. I don't even know if it is even possible and I've been searching this forum, other forums and the web and so far all I've come across are those hosting sites. It's not a big deal, but it would just be nice if everything would keep itself synced up so I don't lose track of everything.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Wireless sync of outlook contacts, tasks, calendar without using BES...

I've been looking for personal copies of Outlook for myself to use the calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

try these:

(they are hosted BES services for single users. You have all the mobility and advantages of BES without having to own the software etc.)

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1085
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1068

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Thanks, I'll check em out!
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Is there any way to run some kind of server on my PC at home and allow my BB to sync with my outlook?

Last edited by donmitchell; 04-21-2006 at 01:37 AM.

mullero no está en línea Stack level 2

hello

can you do any sync on BIS

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

AW: Re: Wireless sync of outlook contacts, tasks, calendar without using BES...

Quote Originally Posted by mullero
    hello

can you do any sync on BIS
    Mail only, no calender, contacts,....

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

AW: Re: Wireless sync of outlook contacts, tasks, calendar without using BES...

Quote Originally Posted by donmitchell
    Is there any way to run some kind of server on my PC at home and allow my BB to sync with my outlook?

no. Standalone Outlook cannot be pushed.
    BES itself is free but needs an Exchange Server, where your mailstore is hosted.

Hosted Exchange might be a solution (my company offers that for a monthly fee incl. a BES account

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

The problem is BES (or BESX [aka BES Express]) needs tight integration with a corporate messaging system (Microsoft Exchange Server, IBM Lotus Domino, or Novell GroupWise) and all of these messaging systems are $$$. So if you run your own BES, you really need to run your own mail server too, and running your own email is not cheap or easy (or fun). BES will not run with MS Outlook standalone. Sorry. It's far cheaper in the long run to just pay for a hosted MS Exchange account and a hosted BES account on top of that. (may be $15/mo for each service, plus $45 (with voice plan) for data plan ~ $75/mo - which is about twice a much a BIS).

Rumor has it the next major version of BIS may allow for OTA sync'ing of PIM data (BIS 2.4? BIS 3.0?). I'm guessing this is the corresponding version of BIS that will be released alongside BES 5.0, perhaps next year. But that's just a WAG on my part. Don't put any stock in that. It's just wild rumors and speculation at this point.

If you already had your own Exchange or Domino server, I'd say for for broken and run your own BES. But in your case, I'd just pay for hosting in the meantime if you really need the feature for your private business or personal use.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

keefer no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there no forwarding program like the Mail Connecter program to forward the calander and contacts?

WATSON no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by keefer
    Is there no forwarding program like the Mail Connecter program to forward the calander and contacts?
    Not as far as I know I'm afraid It may be that RIM choose to add some of this functionality in a future BIS upgrade via it's links with OWA access. However, I'd be doubtful of this as they will - presumably - not be keen on cannabalising the market for BES. Personally, I wouldn't mind them introducing something like "BIS Plus"/"BIS Pro" that would do this for an extra charge...

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

You could try FREE CRM.
    I did a search for free, wireless sync in google and came across a couple of sites which had open software which syncs with outlook and you can download modules for different phones including blackberry.
    So far ive not been able to get it running because I kept getting login failure, but you could try it out. Maybe im missing something in settings.

Other option is yahoo Go as that offers wireless sync with yahoo for calendar and address book.