When Wiping/re-configuring a Blackberry Unit and using Enterprise Activation with BES, any Calendar and Phone/Address ... Server Admins forum

jdg
    jdg no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

When Wiping/re-configuring a Blackberry Unit and using Enterprise Activation with BES, any Calendar and Phone/Address items will automatically Sync down to the Blackberry Unit. Any new email items will also Sync down to the unit (along with Call Logs, etc).

Is there a way to get BES to Sync all email items in the Inbox (that have already been sent to the previous unit) wirelessly to the new unit? This wouldn't be something I would do normally, but I have a few corner cases.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ljbyar; 07-18-2007 at 11:02 AM.

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Wireless Sync of 'Old' Email ... ?

Since the BES remembers the previous states of all messages sent to the device, they´re not pushed again.

Delete the User-Account from the BES, wait 15 mins and add him again. After that activate the user and the old mails a pushed again, but usually only the headers because of the servers default prepopulation settings

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

edit: I thought you could still force it to bring them all down if its a new bb with a different pin?
    Last edited by jrockett; 07-18-2007 at 11:22 AM.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

jdg
    jdg no está en línea Stack level 1

So if it is a different device (new pin), it should work fine. The issue 15 minute removal procedure is only for devices with the same pin?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

BES will push some old email but not all during an EA. The limit is a certain number of days, IIRC.

FYI - email doesn't sync on any BB. Reconciliation and sync are similar but not the same thing.

bbhealth no está en línea Stack level 1

In Notes you can manually populate some old email by cutting out of the inbox and pasting right back in. The bes will pick this up as new mail and redeliver it to the handheld. Not sure if this works for MSE or GW.

askerofquestion no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi folks,
    Im just a user of a company issued 8800 BB - just recieved the new model this week - and have the problem that old emails are no longer on the BB - I can Sync the calendar options from a set period in the past but want to get back the emails i had on the device from say the last 30 days ... any ideas?

Thanks heaps
    The newbie