I work in a small office with 5 BB users and we are looking for ... Server Admins forum

SonicCow no está en línea Stack level 1

Wireless sync of cal and contacts only

Advertisement

I work in a small office with 5 BB users and we are looking for a way to wirelessly sync our calendar and contacts. We do not need email as we very rarely send or receive email. As the sales manager I need to be able to schedule meetings in Outlook and have the salesmen accept the meetings wirelessly. I would also like to keep a central contacts list that will be synced with the BB's or at a minimum allow the salesmen to search the list from their BB's.

Any help would be appreciated. I am not sure if using BES is the proper way to go or if there is another solution that would allow us to sync wirelessly.

Thanks in advance

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Wireless sync of cal and contacts only

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You could go with a hosted BES. Its the only way to sync wirelessly. I'm mobile so I can't dig it up, but there should be a sticky at the top with some options for hosted bes. Sorry!

I have been looking at the hosted solutions and will look into it more. The BES Express is what grabbed my attention 1st

cadon69 no está en línea Stack level 1

I used to have my Blackberry setup this way on my company BES. All I did was uncheck all the boxes under "Choose folders for redirection." That way no emails go through but the cal and contacts synced.
    Last edited by cadon69; 07-19-2007 at 10:01 PM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Rarely send or receive emails!!! What do you use? A stone tablet & chisel???
    Just kidding...

However, you can't accept a meeting request without email!

Hosted BES is probably your best bet.

You MIGHT be able to use GCalSync to synchronize calendars wirelessly, but I don't know if it will do meeting requests / acceptances - I think it just syncs your Calendar with the Web Calendar, and might even have to be done manually. This MIGHT work if you all share the Google calendar however.

I'm not aware of anything that will sync your Address Book wirelessly.

If you have an Exchange server and an IT person with time on their hands (they don't have to watch your email server!), they can set up a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for free! It will support up to 15 BlackBerries.

Hope you don't mind all the ribbing!
    JerryD

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

BES Express if free for 1 use only, you will have to pay for the other 4. You will need to be able to send emails as the appointments are sent that way. You could set up filters to only forward mail from inside the company this would reduce the emails on the device.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

BES Express or hosted BES are your best bets. You'll need email for the meeting requests as has already been stated.

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

Sales men out side the office that you want to set meetings with but no email!?

Give them email too and watch their productivity soar!

Email is a waste of time for us. It would increase productivity by 0%. We meet customers face to face or take orders over the phone. Being able to push meetings out wirelessly is a nice feature but not required in any way.

After looking at all the options out there we are going to hold off on getting BB's.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I get it. You're one of those Caveman salesmen!(I'm just a riot, no?)