Hi, I have a user which runs on our BES server but they have somehow ... Server Admins forum

cgraham2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Wireless syn from outlook contacts?

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a user which runs on our BES server but they have somehow turned off the option to wirelessly sync up any new contacts they add in their outlook on their laptop to their contacts on their blackberry. The device is a blackberry pearl 8100. They said they were in some options!! and managed to turn this feature off so now when they add a new contact in outlook it doesn't copy across onto their contacts on their 8100.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Clarke
    Last edited by cgraham2k; 01-29-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    They will need to go to the Address Book, open the menu, go to options, and instead of general options, select your address books (mine says default), and there you should see the option to turn on wireless sync.

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    They will need to go to the Address Book, open the menu, go to options, and instead of general options, select your address books (mine says default), and there you should see the option to turn on wireless sync.
    Speaking of [Default] I have a user wanting to change which addressbook is synced by default.

Our BES default is “Desktop” and they have about 5 address books setup in Outlook 2007.

Where do you define that option?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ssullivan8130 View Post
    Speaking of [Default] I have a user wanting to change which addressbook is synced by default.

Our BES default is “Desktop” and they have about 5 address books setup in Outlook 2007.

Where do you define that option?
    You would go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. Once there , under Messaging, you can set any of the addresses the default.

Joebanana469 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243b17c5

Lightbulb Changing the synced address book for BES user

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    You would go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. Once there , under Messaging, you can set any of the addresses the default.
    Hello All.

I have done this differently [although I used a GroupWise BES installation]. You can try this if the above solution did not work.

If the user has different address books setup in MS Outlook, and wants a particular on synchronised with his BB, the BES admin would have to change this setting.

Double-click on the username in BES. All their properties would be listed. Click on PIM SYNC in the left pane, and scroll to AddressBookSubscribed in right pane. You should be able to select which ever address book the user prefers.