Dear All, We have a BES 4.1 SP4 setup on which wireless Backup for devices ... Server Admins forum

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Wireless Backup

Advertisement

Dear All,

We have a BES 4.1 SP4 setup on which wireless Backup for devices are enabled. Can any one pls tell me what all details exactly are getting backued up? and where is this backing up? Is it in the configuration database?

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Wireless backup

Dear All,

We have a BES 4.1 SP4 setup on which wireless Backup for devices are enabled. Can any one pls tell me what all details exactly are getting backued up? and where is this backing up? Is it in the configuration database?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Wireless backup

The BlackBerry's data that is not part of the host email system (email, calendar, address book, memo pad) is backed up to the user's BES account, and is restored to any device that connects to that account. The PIM data is "restored" (synchronized with the device) from the email host.

Here is a list of Databases on the BlackBerry wireless device (KB03974).

Here are the BlackBerry device databases that are not wirelessly backed up by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (KB11101).
    JerryD

Re: Wireless Backup

See my reply to your duplicate post here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._backup.html#2
    JerryD

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Anything that is not in Exchange will be in you SQL Server. Be sure to do regular backups!!

Quote Originally Posted by semiar
    Anything that is not in Exchange will be in you SQL Server. Be sure to do regular backups!!
    No, not anything - only what is specifically listed in the link above. The most annoying thing that is NOT backed up is the Content Store - where Pictures and Custom Ring Tones are stored. And although it says that Device Options are not backed up, some are. RIM really needs to update that link.
    JerryD

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry I miss read the question. I though he was talking about server information.

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can someone please clarify for me how to restore browser bookmarks? When I do a full backup and connect the device I can click on the browser bookmarks, but It wont let me restore them to the new device. The arrow is grayed out.

Outside of Emails, Address Book, Contacts and Calendar what else can we backup wireless?

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    No, not anything - only what is specifically listed in the link above. The most annoying thing that is NOT backed up is the Content Store - where Pictures and Custom Ring Tones are stored. And although it says that Device Options are not backed up, some are. RIM really needs to update that link.
    Yes! I have learned to backup the content store for myself or my picky customers (does that make me picky, too?) And, yes, a lot of settings are backed up now with 4.1.4 that were not a year or more ago. What I would love to see is the ability to NOT restore some databases...like phone logs! Have you ever sat there for over an hour watching some guys 2000+ phone logs come down during Enterprise Activation (over their slow Nextel 7520, no less)? Oh how I wish BlackBerrys had auto-phone log clean-up.