I have a Software configuration that successfully pushed an application to all of my devices. ... Server Admins forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Wireless app push - updating software

Advertisement

I have a Software configuration that successfully pushed an application to all of my devices. Now there is an update for the app. What about updating an application? I overwrote the alx and cod files, and ran loader /index, it recreated the files. It's been over 4 hours and it hasn't updated.

I shouldn't have to create a new software configuration should I?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Wireless app push - updating software

Well, it doesn't seem to want to update it. If I remove the app, then it will push the new version, but it doesn't look like it will overwrite the older version.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

This is by design with a lot of software. The old needs to b removed in order for the new to push properly.

Andy M no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp
    Well, it doesn't seem to want to update it. If I remove the app, then it will push the new version, but it doesn't look like it will overwrite the older version.
    Similar problem here. I am trying to update our Stowaway keyboard drivers from v1 to v2 (which is required for blackberry OS 4.2). Tried everything:

- v2 software is on the BES, assigned to software configuration. I pushed the new software configuation but it is not getting delivered to the device. It states "Upgrade required". v1 remains on the handheld. Yes, loader.exe /Index has been run and the properties in the software configuration indicate that it definately has the v2 detected.

- I deleted application from handhelds manually through the applications screen.

- tried to push v2 software upgrade again, no dice, still says "Upgrade required" a couple of days later

Tried pushing blank software configurations too, first before reverting to the v2 software upgrade. Nothing.

What are we doing wrong?

Andy