Hello I have sat up my BB 8700 for wireless address book sync a few ... Server Admins forum

Tronky no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Wireless address book sync not working for some users

Advertisement

Hello

I have sat up my BB 8700 for wireless address book sync a few weeks ago and it's working just great, however I tried to setup address book sync for 2 other users today but it didn't work for them

I have BES 4.1 and domino 6.5.4 on the same server & the mail mail server is domino 8.0.1.

I followed exactly the same steps that worked for me, which are:

1- Select an option from the user's notes address book that enables the sync of contacts between both the lotus notes client & domino web access ( which is the one that's used to sync with BB )
    2- In BlackBerry Manager, select the required BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    3- Double-click the required BlackBerry smartphone user account, then click PIM Sync in the left panel.
    4- In the Location – Server field, for the BlackBerry smartphone user's Address Book and MemoPad items, type the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name, organizational unit, and organization.

Those steps were found on this link from Blackberry Technical Solution Center

Afterward s, it's supposed that an option to enable/disable wireless sync in the address book options will show off, but this didn't happen.

For one of the 2 users I tried 2 different devices ( 8700 & 8320 ) with the exact same result.

Any hints ???

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Just to ask the easy question first: If you go to the device and go to Address Book, Options, scroll to "Desktop" or the name listed under "Address Books" and click, do you have "Wireless Synchronization" set to YES?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

This option is not even there at the options list

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm a BES admin but I'm not a guru like some others around here so maybe you don't have that option with Domino. Do any other devices that are working properly have that option?

If so, a new EA should be done on the device that is not working properly.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Got it solved today

went to the PIM Sync properties on the user's account on BES, Disabled wireless PIM sync from there, resent service book, waited for a while, enabled wireless PIM sync again, resent service book again......and the option appeared on the device and everything was working fine.

Thanks for your help Kalebsdad78

abechara no está en línea Stack level 1
    The fastest way will have been to go to delete the Desktop SYNC service book and undelete that would have done it