Hello everyone, I'm running a test BES out of my house connection from my exchange ... Server Admins forum

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Wireless Activation Not Working

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I'm running a test BES out of my house connection from my exchange server. I'm attempting to do a enterprise activation on my device but it refuses to work. It just sticks on Activating... I have no idea what the issue is. I've run the BBSrpTest & IEMSTest from the utlilty folder and all passed.

I have no idea what the issue is..can anyone help me out?

Cheers
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

Crimesy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Wireless Activation Not Working

Try checking the following:

You have a full GPRS signal

The email address you've entered is correct, it's very easy to add an extra full-stop (period) - (Use the spacebar to shortcut to the @ and . symbols)

The activation password is correct (on the BES and the Blackberry)

There is an entry on the BES for you email address and an activation password set

Your email address is unique

Your mailbox isn't encrypted

Your service provider's network is up and running

If the activation has failed several times the BES may have locked out the device, wipe the device via the Security menu and get the password reset on the BES.

As a last resort remove yourself from the BES then re-add yourself or try an USB activation.

However, from past experience Wirelessly activating nearly 3,000 devices there are some days when activation will not work at all even though everything is correctly set. You can then come back the next day and it will work first time. Very fustrating.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Check if your operator requires a different plan to be able to use BES. Some in the UK do, at least.

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

It's not a different plan over here - but a simple change on a plan. Well if thats the case I'm going to wait before I come back from overseas before I change it - and have a solid network connection.

Cheers
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lieb39
    It's not a different plan over here - but a simple change on a plan. Well if thats the case I'm going to wait before I come back from overseas before I change it - and have a solid network connection.

Cheers
    You may have BES codes applied to your SIM but if you have previously used that device and SIM on another BES or on BIS your IMSI number on the RIM relay is pointing to it's previously connection. Call your BlackBerry Support number at your Telco and ask them to clear your IMSI of the RIM relay and then try the activation again.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

So basically you just call up your provider (Tmobile or Cingular) and speak to their Blackberry department and ask them to clear your IMSI? Are they gonna even know what an IMSI is? Im having this problem, but I dont want to sound dumb when I call tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody7
    So basically you just call up your provider (Tmobile or Cingular) and speak to their Blackberry department and ask them to clear your IMSI? Are they gonna even know what an IMSI is? Im having this problem, but I dont want to sound dumb when I call tmobile.
    Your BlackBerry support will know what an IMSI number is and how it works on the RIM relay.

Havek no está en línea Stack level 2

When ever I had trouble doing activation I have called my Co. Provider and made sure the account is provisioned correctly. Also I know from pass experince here at my Co. we activate personal BB units, and when I have a problem even thou they have data its not setup for a Bez server. IE ( home data and setting up for a bez server ) are different plans.

Also another simple fix for activation issues is to restart the BES server (or services). It may sound simple but it fixes most issues.

udussling no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just bought a 7100t from ebay I put my sim in , then started the 7100t and Its asking for a handheld unlock, what do I need to do? Please help

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by udussling
    I just bought a 7100t from ebay I put my sim in , then started the 7100t and Its asking for a handheld unlock, what do I need to do? Please help
    enter thre passworfd wrong 10 times and the handheld will wipe and shoul dbe a factory load with no password