Hi i have just installed bes4.1.4 on SBS03. i am semi-sure i have setup the ... Server Admins forum

clarkstott no está en línea Stack level 1

Wireless Activation

Advertisement

Hi
    i have just installed bes4.1.4 on SBS03. i am semi-sure i have setup the bes service correctly. i have added in the first user and have come to an issue with wireless activation.
    i have set a password but when i type it in it just says activating... and eventually comes up with an error
    i know the sim card is provisioned properly as its coming out of my old blackberry that works perfectly.

am i right in thinking it maybe something to do with the permissions on the bes service account or the users account in AD?

any suggestions would be great...

thanks
    Clark

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Wireless Activation

The first thing to do is to install Desktop Manager (Enterprise/Exchange) on a machine with Outlook set up for the target email account. When you run Desktop Manager, it should come up and ask which email profile to use.

Now wipe your BlackBerry, set the correct time zone, date and time, turn on the wireless, and make sure you get a Registration email on the device. Now plug it into your computer and connect it to Desktop Manager (Options --> Connection --> Detect). DM should now come up and ask if you want to associate PIN ### to the email profile. Select Yes, and after a while Enterprise Activation should start automatically and complete within 15 minutes (probably a lot less).

If you get this far, unplug the BlackBerry and send a test email to the BlackBerry's email account (preferably from another email account) and reply to it to make sure your email is flowing properly.

If you get this far, you know everything is set up properly and Wireless EA should work. However, my suspicion is that the process will fail at some point along the way - most likely due to rights issues on the BES account.

Good luck!
    JerryD

clarkstott no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, i think it has to do with rights too. i would love a really clear step by step guide on how to setup a bes service account and changes that need to be made on the user accounts.

i'll give that ago, I was trying to do it all remotely but i may not be able to.

thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

That's only intended for diagnostic purposes. As I said, it probably won't work, and then at least you can eliminate the Wireless part as being the problem.
    JerryD

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Was your 'old' bb on bes?
    If so, just because you sim was provisioned for BES, it does not mean the Device is.

What is the Error you are encountering? Where does it show up? Device or in BB Manager?