We migrated to a brand new BPS server. We backed each blackberry up individually using ... Server Admins forum

987s no está en línea Stack level 1

Wiped BB / Restore some items?

Advertisement

We migrated to a brand new BPS server. We backed each blackberry up individually using Desktop Manager then wiped each clean and activated it. Everything looks like it's working smoothly.

Can we restore pictures/themes using DM and not have it affect the individual blackberries?

It looks like it's not possible to restore old emails to the Blackberries, right?

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Depends the method you used when you created a backup

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm in the middle of a lotus migration and we are backing up everything and working with so many different models I think it is a safe bet to just write some of the things down just in case. I have yet to see a BB that has been restored back to its user's preferred theme unless I set it that way physically? Does anyone know a way that I may not know?

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    If the data was sync'd with the BES then you should be fine. But you can always create a backup within the Desktop Manager. Then you can restore all or do a selective restore later. If you have different models and you want to manually back them up I suggest creating a Blackberry_Backup folder and create a separate folder for each model and put the appropriate backup in the corresponding folder.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    The thing is with the backup IPD files does not back up the items that 987S is inquiring about in regards to themes. I know from my own experiences that I physically write the themes down so I can place the device back to its current state as close as possible. I know for pictures you don't have to use the media manager to back it up. It will save it in the IPD files.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    BES_Noob is right it will not backup themes. You can restore pictures if they were on the device memory by restoring the database called "Content Store" through the advanced option in Backup and Restore