I work for a company with hosted BES/Exchange with a certain large provider. Since March ... Server Admins forum

b0s0z0ku no está en línea Stack level 1

Winmail.dat attachment problem and SP3

Advertisement

I work for a company with hosted BES/Exchange with a certain large provider. Since March of this year, all of our Blackberries have been sending out RTF Winmail.dat attachments containing the message text with any message sent from the Blackberry, regardless of whether it has an attachment, is a reply, or is a new message. Sending from Outlook and Entourage works fine.

When this started, nothing was changed on any of the Blackberries or on our account settings. We tried all sorts of settings on the Blackberries, full device wipe/reprovision, send service book, etc. Nothing has helped. The provider said that this problem was happening with a lot of users and would cease when BES was upgraded to SP3 in August. Unfortunately, the upgrade came and went and this problem is still happening.

The only advice that Support has is to wipe one of the handhelds again and try reprovisioning it (haven't had time yet). However, they say that other users have not had to do this. We're at wits' end with this, so any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Other than that, what are some decent providers for hosted BES -- our current provider hasn't been very helpful, has awful support and is slow on the Exchange side to boot!

Thanks,
    -b.

sfingold no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Winmail.dat attachment problem and SP3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Rackspace is the most expensive. But worth it. Always solve my problems in one call, and someone always answers the phone. If your company is big they are the best hands down. God I shiver at the thought when I was with intermedia.