Okay all you other experts, I can't seem to find a definite answer, and I've ... Server Admins forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Windows Server 2003 SP2

Advertisement

Okay all you other experts, I can't seem to find a definite answer, and I've been leary to do the update since it was released, and am just now finally getting around to asking. If I install SP2 on my BES, is that going to screw with all my send as permissions?

Knowing this will also help me better able to answer other questions on Pinstack.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    we have sp2 on all our server including BES no prob

I should add I'm running BES 4.1.4 MR5, with Exchange 2000. I'm not sure if I would end up with the Send As permission troubles, or if that happens only on the Exchange server.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 04-08-2008 at 02:04 PM.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    You should only have issues if you have any one that is using a blackberry as a domain admin. If that is the case then yes. It goes through and resets the information on a time schedule and it clears the send as for administrators. Other than that you should have no problems that I can think of. If you do then create then a standard user account and then link the BB to that account instead of the admin account.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 04-08-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Okay, that's what I was wondering, and hoping wasn't the case. Thanks...

Can the user be a member of any other admin group besides domain admin, or does it affect any admin account?

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    From what I remember it affects any admin account. RIM recommeds setting them up a BB account and use that for it or create the user a new account like "user-adm" for there domain admin/admin purposes. We do that where I currently work and have not had to deal with that since I came here.

Thank you. I felt stupid for asking this question, but the whole send as thing has always eluded me, and I don't really know why. Maybe it's more the fact that I don't understand why Microsoft would do that. Oh well.

Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    No Problem, I had that situation at my previous job and would have never run accross it until my counterpart got a BB from the company and he set it up and had problems and I had to troubleshoot it.