I am new to BES. We have installed BES on our server and have added ... Server Admins forum

guslandrum no está en línea Stack level 1

Whuck e-mail to activate BES

Advertisement

I am new to BES. We have installed BES on our server and have added users, sent activation passwords. On the BB activation screen, does the user need to enter their exchange e-mail address or Internet e-mail. Internally, our e-mail addresses are me@mydomain.local, our external addresses are metoo@external.com.

Also, I keep seeing posted on BB sites, a requirement to have our wireless provider provision for BES. Is this needed if we are running our own BES server?

THanks for the help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Re: Whuck e-mail to activate BES

If uncertain (for example, some folks have more than on internal address here) look at the user properties on the BES for the email address it expects.
    PIN: 303150C7

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Whuck e-mail to activate BES

The email address needs to be your external address. The RIM network sends an SMTP email to your user getting enterprise activated. Once the BES detects the email in the inbox it picks it up and then verifies the email address and the activation password are correct. Then it sends the encrytion key to your blackberry and then loads all the user data.

As for the devices they need to be set up with BlackBerry Data Service from the wireless carrier. Depending on the carrier a regular data plan doesn't entitle you to BlackBerry Service.

Hope this helps...