As a BES admin, I'm looking for a way to either disable, hide, or delete, ... Server Admins forum

welldread no está en línea Stack level 1

Question What's the best way to remove AT&T Applications?

Advertisement

As a BES admin, I'm looking for a way to either disable, hide, or delete, the AT&T service prodiver apps on our corporate owned 8300 Curve's. What I'm trying to do is prevent costly downloads of 3rd party apps, themes, ringtones, and other such like crapola on our corporate airtime account!

I know how to manually hide an application icon and I could probably delete any related service books the trouble is they come back after a reset or reprovisioning of the device.

I guess what I'm after is a way to control all of this from our BES, perhaps with an IT Policy or something similar that can be assigned and pushed down to these devices either with the Blackberry Manager or OTA. I'm just not seeing what I need in the admin manuals.

Apps I'd like to remove from the device desktop in particular are:

AT&T Music
    AT&T Mall
    Media Net (I only need 1 Internet Browser icon tyvm)
    Push to Talk (we don't subscribe to this service)

I'd also like to move other icons into folders to shorten and simplify the list at the home screen.
    Whomever made the 'Zen' theme had the right idea but it's not quite nirvana just yet for me. lol

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: What's the best way to remove AT&T Applications?

to remove PTT, just remove the cod file from the java folder in the loader files. you may be able to remove the wap browser that way too...not quite sure

the att music/media mall crap will come back everytime service books are sent. i haven't found a 'perm' solution on those yet.

as for creating 'folders' as the admin, i have no clue how to do that, unless its theme specific. making a custom theme, i can drop certain applications into a folder and it applies on the BB. and of course, the end user could do that on his/her own.

i'm gonna move your thread over to BES and see if you can get some better answers from those folks

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what version is your bes server? I'm running 4.1.4 and I have options in my IT policy to disable ptt and wap browser (media net, cingular mall, ect.) And force all browsing to be done via mds.

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~^^ I second that. I'm running 4.1.4 and I have successfully forced all browsing to be done through the MDS browser. I'm not in front of a console right now but there is also an option to disable Kodiak PTT (the app AT&T uses).

vha2581 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

welldread no está en línea Stack level 1

Ah ha! I see now that I have a legitimate reason to upgrade from BES v4.1.3.18 then! lol

Would anyone be willing to share an example IT Policy and/or Software configuration that would accomplish this?

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm in transit now but I'll vpn into the server and see what I can do. Send me a pm so I have an email to send the it policy to.