We're on BES 3.6. Our environment is a mixture of BB devices. What happens is ... Server Admins forum

polaris20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Weird calendar issue related to DST

Advertisement

We're on BES 3.6. Our environment is a mixture of BB devices. What happens is a user creates a calendar entry on their device during this extended 3 week period, and it shows an hour ahead when you look in Outlook. It appears fine in the device, as does the time.

However when the user makes an appointment in Outlook, it appears properly in Outlook and the device.

Calendars synch wirelessly.

Any ideas?

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Weird calendar issue related to DST

Quote Originally Posted by polaris20
    We're on BES 3.6. Our environment is a mixture of BB devices. What happens is a user creates a calendar entry on their device during this extended 3 week period, and it shows an hour ahead when you look in Outlook. It appears fine in the device, as does the time.

However when the user makes an appointment in Outlook, it appears properly in Outlook and the device.

Calendars synch wirelessly.

Any ideas?
    have all the appropriate dst change patches been applied to BES/Exchange/Device?
    Miles.

polaris20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    have all the appropriate dst change patches been applied to BES/Exchange/Device?
    Yes, they have. Exchange/2003 both patched, BES server patched, and devices patched. Desktop 4.2.1 installed. But the latter shouldn't matter, since they synch wirelessly.

leob no está en línea BES Pro

I would check if you have the latest cdo.dll file on both your BES and Exchange, as well as registered. Should be ver 6.5.7651.61 I had a similar issue and it this was this case with us.

scubalocker no está en línea Stack level 1

argeldegoop, mine is off an hour here and there... now it's double posting events.. I can't believe a programer thinks they should change my meeting times with a dst patch???? I'm hunting for some rhyme or reason??? trust is blown in the calendar.... to many kinds of bb's levels of software, phone companies, ms versions, sync methods etc. to have any logic to anything????? ARGH!!!!! a sad state of a blackberry affair....

Bhaskar_K no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    I had similar problem,but u know what was the most weird part ,it was working fine for appointments after 31 Mar,problem was there only for appointments created in betn 25 Mar to 31 Mar.

Soln I tried and which worked for me on BES 4.1 server

Just update cdo.dll version.try install patch KB926666 on BES server,which will upgrade cdo.dll for you
    Make sure u start all necessary services which it prompts for.

word of caution,try this on testing environment first

Last edited by Bhaskar_K; 04-02-2007 at 11:48 AM.

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by leob View Post
    I would check if you have the latest cdo.dll file on both your BES and Exchange, as well as registered. Should be ver 6.5.7651.61 I had a similar issue and it this was this case with us.

Hi,
    I checked both our BES and Exchange server and found the cdo.dll version 6.0.6619.9. Do you have the link to update the cdo.dll on exchange and BES?
    Thanks.