In the process of implementing BES, I'm finding that our users find the "Desktop" service ... Server Admins forum

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1

Any way to globally change "message service display name"?

Advertisement

In the process of implementing BES, I'm finding that our users find the "Desktop" service name non-intuitive, especially when they also use BIS accounts and are prompted to choose from where to send, so I've been changing the message service display name (Advanced tab of Email Settings in Desktop Manager) to our company name.

Doing this on each copy of DM is a bit of a hassle. Is there a way to change this setting for the entire server, or at least change the default? It seems like there should be, but I've poked around BlackBerry Manager and haven't found anything immediately relevant.

panpan1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Any way to globally change "message service display name"?

I don't recommend that you change the Message service display name. We ran into huge problems at my company when we custom named that field and then upgraded to BES 4.0. Really, save yourself the hassle. RIM should really make that field uneditable.

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry to self-bump, but I did eventually find the answer. Point a sqlcmd at the appropriate instance and run
    update besmgmt.userconfig set servicebookname = "myvalue" where servicebookname is null
    Last edited by 21A; 05-07-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: SureTypo