OK, heres my problem. I had a BB(8703e) with my previous job and they used ... Server Admins forum

jackwins no está en línea Stack level 2

Want a BB but dont have BES

Advertisement

OK, heres my problem. I had a BB(8703e) with my previous job and they used BES. I LOVED IT!!! I took a new job and they dont use BES. They use MS Exhange/Outlook, and are not wanting to purchase a BB server/software. I am currently using a MS Smartphone and I get my email/calendar invites/whatever else. From what I am told by one of the IT guys is that MS Exchange/MS Smartphone wireless syncing is free.

My question is how can I use a BB on our current MS Exchange system without it using BES? PLEASE HELP, I really want to go back to BB!!!

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Re: Want a BB but dont have BES

Quote Originally Posted by jackwins
    OK, heres my problem. I had a BB(8703e) with my previous job and they used BES. I LOVED IT!!! I took a new job and they dont use BES. They use MS Exhange/Outlook, and are not wanting to purchase a BB server/software. I am currently using a MS Smartphone and I get my email/calendar invites/whatever else. From what I am told by one of the IT guys is that MS Exchange/MS Smartphone wireless syncing is free.

My question is how can I use a BB on our current MS Exchange system without it using BES? PLEASE HELP, I really want to go back to BB!!!
    I had the same problem. Here's what I did...get a BB BIS account from your phone provider to replace your data account. Foward your MS exchange mail to the BB account.

Problem solved!!!!
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    I had the same problem. Here's what I did...get a BB BIS account from your phone provider to replace your data account. Foward your MS exchange mail to the BB account.

Problem solved!!!!
    What about calendar invites, is there no way I can accept calendar invites?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Do you use Outlook?
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Do you use Outlook?
    Yes I do use Outlook.

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd

Memory says you can get an individual liscence from RIM to work around this. I'll have to see if i can dig up the details, but someone else will probably beat me too it. Gimme a couple days i'm away from my best info sources.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwins

Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

Can I install the license on my desktop, or does it need to be installed on the Exchange server?

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    Memory says you can get an individual liscence from RIM to work around this. I'll have to see if i can dig up the details, but someone else will probably beat me too it. Gimme a couple days i'm away from my best info sources.

edlimagno no está en línea Stack level 1

I dont know if it may work with the Exchange server of your new job´s company, but at least over here, I have been able to sync several BlackBerry devices with Exchange using only a BIS Service, all of this, without needing the BES Server acting in the middle of them.

I have two theories about this, one is that the enterprises that have this strange solution working maybe have POP and SMTP alternate email methods.. and the other is that maybe it can work like that.. Dunno, but at least, I have almost five enterprises (big and small one´s) using this configuration...

The other workaround is that maybe you can use Redirection option, for more information see this thread:

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/30-all_about_blackberry_enterprise_server_bes.html

Kindly

Luis Alberto Arjona Chin
    Chief Editor - PoderPda dot net
    Last edited by edlimagno; 10-15-2007 at 06:11 AM.

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tony stork no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I work for a company that uses msexchanage and I just used my bb account and add the email for threw my company and I get my invites calendar and every thing els

Quote Originally Posted by tony stork
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I work for a company that uses msexchanage and I just used my bb account and add the email for threw my company and I get my invites calendar and every thing els
    We will see if that works. If not I will just have to do the forward all to my BB email address. I will have my BB Wednesday. Thanks everyone for your help.

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

I manage my companies Exchange server was well as the BES and on exchange as long as POP access or Webmail access is enabled, BIS will pickup the information and integrate with your server over that fashion. I have a few users that are connected in this fashion (they didn't want to get an Enterprise dataplan). You won't get the immediate pushes that you did with BES, it could take up to 15 minutes to get your messages, but you'll still have your Blackberry again! Good luck!

8800bruin, I hope that is the case. My company does have webmail access enabled. We'll see later today when I get the BB. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin
    I manage my companies Exchange server was well as the BES and on exchange as long as POP access or Webmail access is enabled, BIS will pickup the information and integrate with your server over that fashion. I have a few users that are connected in this fashion (they didn't want to get an Enterprise dataplan). You won't get the immediate pushes that you did with BES, it could take up to 15 minutes to get your messages, but you'll still have your Blackberry again! Good luck!
    Jackwins :-)
    Im your idol, your highest title, numero uno!!!

AAAHHHH!!!! It only works with the mail connector client installed on my laptop. Meaning, it only works when my laptop is on. Meaning, it has to stay on 24/7 in order for me to get my work email on my BB. THAT SUCKS!!!. I may be forced to go back to a Windows mobile phone(I hate Windows)
    Jackwins :-)
    Im your idol, your highest title, numero uno!!!