I bought a licence key for blackberry express. I added a new user on the ... Server Admins forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Waiting for services

Advertisement

I bought a licence key for blackberry express. I added a new user on the bes express, we are using it via exchange server. I set an activation password for the device. When the user is entering his email adress and the password i set in enterprice activation, it first says verifying, after a little while it says waiting for services and is just stuck there. Any help on that?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    20508e6b
    The bb is currently in another city.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

noname no está en línea Stack level 1
    The fact that it got pass "Verifying encryption" means that the network ETP message has arrived in the user's mail box and picked up by BES.

Enterprise activation has 4 main stages:-
    Stage 1 - Activating
    Stage 2 - Verifying Encryption

Stage 3 - Receiving Services
    Stage 4 - Slow Synchronization

Below are some suggestions as per RIM's KB-05202:
    1. The BlackBerry device stops responding with the message Waiting for Services. This may occur because the BlackBerry Policy Service is not running, or it cannot send the IT policy or service books to the BlackBerry device. Check if the BlackBerry Policy Service is running, or restart the BlackBerry Policy Service.
    2. The BlackBerry device rejects the IT policy pushed from the BlackBerry Policy Service; the activation process is terminated due to security restrictions. Generally, this means that the BlackBerry device has a current IT policy from another BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Tip: If this occurs, have the BlackBerry device user perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry device in order to remove the policy key so the BlackBerry device will not reject a policy from a different BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Then, remove the BlackBerry device user account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and add it again.
    3. The activation process stops responding because the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has network connectivity issues or SQL Server errors. Check the application logs for errors of this nature.
    noname
    ------------------------------------------------
    Always On, But Not Always Connected
    Practise limited use of this great tech as it can be addictive + no life...

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Re: Waiting for services

I did a wipeheld on the device and then tried it. Still not helping what should I do?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickeeboo no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask

Have any other users been set up successfully on your Blackberry Express server?

lukeca no está en línea Stack level 1

I had this same problem, restarting the Blackberry Policy Service fixed it for me. The service was obviously froze up because it timed out trying to stop it. I had to go in Task Manager and kill the service, it's named "ITAdminService.exe" in task manager. Then I restarted it in service manager and everything was good to go.

yacobt no está en línea Stack level 1

Restarting the policy service did it for me too

Thanks