Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by tlowe Ok I just wanted to make sure. Thank you No problem ... Server Admins forum

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Virtualize BES

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tlowe View Post
    Ok I just wanted to make sure. Thank you
    No problem at all, I understand. You don't want to do something that can take down the entire companies BB infrastructure. If you have a good Server currently running, patched and so forth, I would P2V the system as this is the easiest and least time consuming thing to do in that situation. A clean install is nice too but, if you are short on time or can't afford downtime, it's the ticket and easy.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    Have you dug into the manuals on it yet? There are alot of cool tricks to do on it. Tweaking them is the fun part. I sat down over 1 weekend and read them . It was not that bad but, I did get alot out of it and I am now working on converting my current employer completely into ESX as production and DR.

jrockett what are you using for backups?

I've skimmed over them. They are sitting in the porcelain "reading room" right now

We use brightstor arcserv right now. It can handle our 3TB SAN and hasn't had a hiccup yet. I don't worry about pulling some data and it being corrupted. It helps me sleep at night
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    I've skimmed over them. They are sitting in the porcelain "reading room" right now

We use brightstor arcserv right now. It can handle our 3TB SAN and hasn't had a hiccup yet. I don't worry about pulling some data and it being corrupted. It helps me sleep at night
    You will love this. Where I was at we had 2 SAN's.
    1 - EMC Approx 6 TB - NO VMWare - Production Database on most of it.
    1 - Pillar - 30+ TB - all ESX Servers connected to it and runnning off of the storage there. The best part was we had over 20 TB in VM's.

We had multiple systems on the SAN that had over 1TB Raw Drives mounted to as SAP Test Servers.
    Not counting all the drives needed for the OS, Quarium Drives, SQL,.....

It was FUN to setup.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 11-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

I did the inital setup in VM I just wanted to make sure if I ever had to call they would support. Kind of like Micorsoft does not support running exchange in VM but if it is your DR they will support it.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by tlowe View Post
    I did the inital setup in VM I just wanted to make sure if I ever had to call they would support. Kind of like Micorsoft does not support running exchange in VM but if it is your DR they will support it.
    MS Support is funny anyway. I HATE calling them for anything. Only had 2 good support calles with them.

Never had to call them but it is good to know what they do and don't support because that call can cost.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Thumbs up Re: Virtualize BES

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    You will love this. Where I was at we had 2 SAN's.
    1 - EMC Approx 6 TB - NO VMWare - Production Database on most of it.
    1 - Pillar - 30+ TB - all ESX Servers connected to it and runnning off of the storage there. The best part was we had over 20 TB in VM's.

We had multiple systems on the SAN that had over 1TB Raw Drives mounted to as SAP Test Servers.
    Not counting all the drives needed for the OS, Quarium Drives, SQL,.....

It was FUN to setup.
    Ok that is all kinds of awesome my friendl! We are going to add three more TBs at the first of 08 for all our VMs. We still have a lot of netware servers scattered all over the place and at least seven off the top of my head that we need to move to VMs. It will be a long weekend when we start cutting these babies over
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

WillFulmer no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone had any problems using VMotion with a BES server. After a VMotion, devices do not receive messsages and BES services needs to be restarted.

Current environment
    ESX3.0.2 and BES 4.13

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have never had a problem with bes and vmotion. are they on the same networks and have all the same routing on the switch

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Sorry all, got a project dumped into my lap and have not had a lot of extra time with the holidays.

As far as vmotion, it should not be a problem. One thing might be the config of the switches that you are plugged into. Make sure that all the netwroks are the same on all of the boxes. Other than that I am not sure of what else it might be.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123