Hi there, I have a question. Is there a way to see a group calendar ... Server Admins forum

xvprflyboivx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30F53704

Question Viewing a Group Calendar on BB

Advertisement

Hi there,

I have a question. Is there a way to see a group calendar on the BB in addition to the personal one already on there? My IT team thought it would be a great idea if we could do this.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Until just recently I used Micro$oft Outlook. I had two calendars, one for work, and a personal calendar that was a "sub-calendar" of the main calendar. Anything I entered on either on the desktop would show on the BB.

It sounds like what you want to do is view a calendar that is not part of your profile?
    Take a lookie at the link below. This product is supposed to allow you to work in multiple folders, may be a good start for you to look at.

http://www.chapura.com/foldermirror.php

xvprflyboivx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30F53704
    The "IT Calendar" would be a part of my profile ad everyone else's that works in the IT department.

How do you view a sub-calendar?

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    From the Blackberry itself, there is no way to isolate calendars. Your calendar, and any sub calendars will appear to be just one on the device.

A rather easy and free way to make sure everyone knows everyone else's schedule, is to create a group from your contacts of those you want to have the appointments, and then send an invitation to everyone in the group.

When you schedule an appointment from your desktop, you have the option to not request an acknowledgement from the receivers.

In Micro$oft Outlook you can also share a calendar, or give another rights to read, edit, etc. There are also several commercial products that will allow you to sync calendars together. Unfortuneately, this is the limit of my knowledge in this area. If this won't do what you want to accomplish, somebody on the forum may very well know how to do it.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    I find the calendar to be the most inflexible of those regarding BES/Outlook integration. The new SP that's about to come out may make it easier or change thing, but as of yet it still only works with the primary calendar.

We use Sharepoint to maintain many calendars respective to different departments, teams, projects, etc. (I have 6 calendars in my O/L 2007 clients), some of them use Google to bridge the gap, having it sync up calendars then viewing them on their handheld's browser via Google.

Best bet for now, unless someone has a better idea...

Hope this helps, let us know if you have come up with a better solution.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There will be multiple calendars in an upcoming OS.
    Either combining calendars or using a 3rd party solution is the only option for now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    There will be multiple calendars in an upcoming OS.
    Either combining calendars or using a 3rd party solution is the only option for now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is it in OS 4.5?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Is it in OS 4.5?
    Yes, there's a calendar for each of your email addresses. So your personal email can have your personal calendar, and work email for work calendar, etc.