Apparently, an end user has contacts in Outlook, that don't appear on his phone. ... Server Admins forum
Verify Contacts on the Device
Apparently, an end user has contacts in Outlook, that don't appear on his phone. I remember seeing the number of contacts when it does an initial over-the-air synch, and I also see the number of contacts when connected via Blackberry Desktop Manager.
I did notice that I checked his contacts (in Outlook), and it shows
Full Name as
But, for some of the people, I see Fullname as
(1) I wonder if it could have been an issue like this as to why the contact was not located ... if the filing is switched somehow between the Outlook and the Blackberry?
(2) I see 372 contacts in the Outlook, so I'd imagine at least this many should be present on the device. Is there a command I can run remotely to verify this?
(3) If not, how would the end user verify their number of contacts?
The first thing I would check is to see if he has his contacts on his device to filter and only show a certain category. You can find that by going into contacts, then go to options, and filter.
Thanks for that hint
Thanks for that hint.
I also confirmed the PIM settings at the BES Server, that he had his Address book synchronization turned on, bidirectional, with server wins, so in that case, he should have definitely had the contact on his device.
Once I get the device in hand tomorrow afternoon, I can confirm the settings.
Okay, be sure and post back and let us know.
You should make sure they have no duplicate contacts as well.
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
The contact is definitely missing. I did check the filtering. I am seeing if I can get the device reactivated and/or resend service books to get the missing contact on there.
I forgot to update. I was able to re-do enterprise activation, and get the missing contacts. From what I read somewhere on the RIM site, this could by a symptom of problems related to the activation not completing or something.
Tags for this Thread