Results 1 to 6 of 6

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a strange behavior related to one of our BB ... Server Admins forum

  1. #1
    rh-mup's Avatar
    rh-mup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    204BC790
    Posts
    8

    Question User related problems

    Advertisement



    Hi,

    I'm trying to figure out a strange behavior related to one of our BB users. When a certain user get activated on any (we tried three [8800 & 9000]) BB device, several internet related problems occur.

    e.g. Facebook app login failed, Google Maps Latidute login failed, Google Mail app login failed, etc.

    The strange thing is, that any other user with the same device can use all off the above mentioned services. What I tried so far: deleting the user from BES, activating the user again on several differnet devices. The devices work perfectly - until this particular user gets activated.

    Another thing I noticed: the browser start page has usually a Google search field. Not with this user. It's simply gone...

    Is there another place where the BES stores user specific configurations - which aren't deleted when removing the user from BES?

    Does anybody has any idea what's going on?


    Best regards,
    r.

  2. #2
    prudent89's Avatar
    prudent89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    27
    If you're using Domino, make sure that you're deleting the user' state database.
    ~via smartphone~

  3. #3
    jdellasala's Avatar
    jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by rh-mup View Post
    Hi,

    I'm trying to figure out a strange behavior related to one of our BB users. When a certain user get activated on any (we tried three [8800 & 9000]) BB device, several internet related problems occur.

    e.g. Facebook app login failed, Google Maps Latidute login failed, Google Mail app login failed, etc.

    The strange thing is, that any other user with the same device can use all off the above mentioned services. What I tried so far: deleting the user from BES, activating the user again on several differnet devices. The devices work perfectly - until this particular user gets activated.

    Another thing I noticed: the browser start page has usually a Google search field. Not with this user. It's simply gone...

    Is there another place where the BES stores user specific configurations - which aren't deleted when removing the user from BES?

    Does anybody has any idea what's going on?


    Best regards,
    r.
    I had this happen to me with a user once. The user had been a BlackBerry user for years, and still had the same service. When he got a new BlackBerry, it couldn't connect to the Internet, and even going back to his old BlackBerry which had been wiped didn't work.

    It took THREE calls to the carrier's Enterprise Customer Support to find a technician that figured out the problem. His account was so old that the service books he was being sent were out of date and no longer worked. They worked on his old device because they were set up correctly years before. Unfortunately I don't recall what they called it, but basically you have to get the carrier to update his account to point to the current service books. Note that this is NOT the same as resending the service books. Without the update, the carrier will just continue to send the out of date service books!
    .
    JerryD

  4. #4
    rh-mup's Avatar
    rh-mup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    204BC790
    Posts
    8
    Hi prudent89,

    we are using Exchange2003 and when asked if the BB data should be deleted from the users mail store I always agree.

    r.

  5. #5
    rh-mup's Avatar
    rh-mup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    204BC790
    Posts
    8
    Hi jdellasala,

    in our case it also started with a new device. We switched from 8100 to 9000. But this user wasn't the only one getting a new device. But still - the guys from facebook.com also pointed me in this direction. But I (of course) only tried to resend the service books.

    I didn't even know that the service books came from the provider - I somehow thought our BES were creating them.

    I'll contact our carrier and have a chat with him!


    Thanks!

    r.

  6. #6
    rh-mup's Avatar
    rh-mup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    204BC790
    Posts
    8

    Solved!

    I think I found the problem. We are located in Germany but the BB users are part of a division called "international" - so for many of our colleges the main language is English.

    But most of the people are German - so they prefer a German user interface on their BBs. This particular user I was talking about likes it English. Therefor we always set the language to English when asked by the "installation assistant".

    This somehow caused wrong setting and/or wrong service books.

    After I did everything again (delete, add and activate) - this time with German as installation language - it worked like it was supposed to.

    EDIT

    It seems that the BB had a different SIM card when we activated it. Although it helped using German some 3rd party network applications still won't work. But now we are at least able to pinpoint it to the used SIM card.
    Hopefully vodafone can fix this.

    Finally! Two service books were missing...

    /EDIT

    Thanks for your support!


    Best regards,
    r.
    Last edited by rh-mup; 02-09-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: new information

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •