The IT Policy Manager functions with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager provides administrators with the ability ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Useful BES IT policy Info & Downloads

Advertisement

The IT Policy Manager
    • functions with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    • provides administrators with the ability to set default values for Desktop Manager and some BlackBerry Wireless Handheld™ settings
    • provides administrators with the ability to enforce handheld security features
    • is located on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation CD within the Tools folder
    The IT Policy Manager has four key components:

Policy.bin - Enforces the desktop and handheld configuration parameters defined by the administrator. This file is in binary format and is generated by the IT Policy Manager program.

Keyword.txt - Verifies the format of the Policy.inf file and is used to populate part of the ITPolicy.exe interface.

Policy.inf - Sources for the .inf file used to define the configuration parameters used in the generation or compilation of the Policy.bin file.

ITPolicy.exe - IT Policy Manager interface. It provides an interface to edit the Policy.inf file, and a mechanism for generating or compiling the Policy.bin file.

The IT Policy resend interval can be configured to automatically send IT Policy information to all BlackBerry wireless devices on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server at a specified hourly interval. If the interval is left at the default setting of 0, the automatic resends are disabled.
    This setting is stored in the Blackberry Enterprise Server administration mailbox and can be set for each instance of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Common issue:
    You receive the following error on your BlackBerry wireless device while performing an enterprise activation: IT Policy Rejected.

Cause: This error occurs when a user is removed from one BlackBerry Enterprise Server and added to another, or if the environment is being upgraded from a trial version to a full version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    The BlackBerry device has an IT Policy in place with the previous version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This IT Policy cannot be overwritten and enterprise activation fails.

Resolution: To activate the device on the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server, all services associated with the previous BlackBerry Enterprise Server must be removed. Security wipe the device to remove all services and data. For instructions, see here.

Finally, enterprise activate again from either the device or by connecting to your personal computer. At this point, the new service books and IT Policy will be pushed to the device and the enterprise activation will proceed.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Useful BES IT policy Info & Downloads

Thanks for the info.

BlackHack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    The IT Policy Manager [..] is located on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation CD within the Tools folder
    I found the tools directory on my BES 4.1 install cd, but I did not find the ITPolicy tools you presented. Could be please be more specific which version you used?

Thanks, BlackHack

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The policy posted by BlackBerry8800 above still does not allow changing the setting of the Firewall which remain Enabled and Locked when applied.

Can someone that has a true back to factory settings policy.inf or policy.bin please PM me?

Thanks.
    JerryD

jerry0201 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks a lot, I am trying to enable "keystroke injection" option on my 7290,will someone give me some tips

Pentarus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not sure if a solution was ever found for this problem. I removed an old 7250 from the BES environment and installed a blank policy.bin. I did this following the regular process that we find on must website. Unfortunately, I didn't read the find print and didn't realize that doing so I would no longer be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard because of the Injector API setting...

Any one knows how we can fix this? Is there a policy.bin floating around somewhere with those settings already enabled?

Thanks