Dear All : i have a BES 4.1 server , i want to push some ... Server Admins forum

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs down How to use BES software configurations to push application to BB Devices

Advertisement

Dear All :

i have a BES 4.1 server , i want to push some application to blackberry devices (all the device were 8700g) ,
    when i create a new "Devices software configurations" , i want to local the application the path , but anyway what i did , it is not success , as asscroding to the help on the software configurations ,i create a networking driver , and create the path like that : <networking drive:>\program files\common files\Research in motion\shared\applications\ , i put the blackberry messenger files (.ocx , .alx files)here
    i attempt to local this path when i do the software configurations , but can not complete !
    so ,dear all , anybody can help me ?
    Thanks & Regards

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: How to use BES software configurations to push application to BB Devices

Hi Colorlight, welcome to pinstack,

Ok what I would suggest you do is follow the below article from RIM to start. If that still does not work for you then respond and I will help you further.

Article Number: KB-04951

Keep in mind that after configuring a software push the policy service by default only tries to do a push every 4 hours. Generally you can review the policy log and do a search for the user(s) you are trying to push the software configuration to and it will show you if it is successful or not in there.

You can change this polling time by editing a registry key (below) for testing purposes but I would suggest changing it back afterwards because if not it will fill your log extremely fast.
    1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BlackBerry IT Admin Server.
    2. If the AppProvisioningPollInterval DWORD value exists, proceed to step 7.
    3. If the AppProvisioningPollInterval DWORD value does not exist, right-click BlackBerry IT Admin Server, then click New > DWORD Value.
    4. Type AppProvisioningPollInterval as the name, then press ENTER.
    5. Double-click the AppProvisioningPollInterval DWORD Value.
    6. In the Value data field, type the required interval (in minutes), then click OK. For example, a value of 5, will set the polling interval to 5 minutes.
    7. Close the Registry Editor.
    8. Restart the BlackBerry Policy Service.
    Also remember that some software pushes require configuration from the device itself as well.

Give all of the above a whirl and let me know how things go.

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs down Re: How to use BES software configurations to push application to BB Devices

Hi Wizkid1981:

Thanks for your reply , i can try to do what you said!
    For my questions now , when i config the "software configurations" ,i would local the blackberry messenger files (BlackberryMessenger.alx, net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod, net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod, net_rim_bb_smileys_default.cod), it is not success ,i don't know how to do ?
    I checked the information from the blackberr help docments, i do according the help doc , but it is not success too; i did it like that , first ,i create a networking driver, then create a series folder ,the path is <Networking driver:>\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\application\, then i put the blackberry messenger files here, but i can not local this path for software configurations in any ways!!!!!
    So, how can i fix this problems ?
    Can you help me ? Wizkid181 ? or any guys

Thanks

I didn't know it was Blackberry Messenger you were trying to push. Please follow the below article for that.

[FONT=Arial]blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/7925/1072674/How_To_-_Assign_BlackBerry_Messenger_wirelessly_to_devices _using_the_Handheld_Configuration_Tool.html?nodeid =1106862 [/FONT]

Knine no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CBE9BD

I just got off the phone with RIM about this same issue I was having. What I suggest is, Make sure you extract the folder to you Shared\Applications path.

Make sure your path is Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications (Make SURE the Shared and Applications has a CAPITAL S and A)
    Make sure you go to the cmd prompt and run a loader /index
    Then try to Re-Add the software configuration

Which is all explained in KB-04951

s_taffy2 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had that same problem. Here is how I resolved it... type in \\servername\sharename...