Hi All, in a bit of a fix, Basically I have a BES 4.1 running ... Server Admins forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

urgent help: Moving BES to new server with new exchange

Advertisement

Hi All, in a bit of a fix,

Basically I have a BES 4.1 running on a SBS 2003 box and I have just installed a new server (SBS 2003 R2) with new domain and implemented it into the network, I've transfered all the mail and users and the domain itself is working perfectly, then came time to migrate BES.

in short is there any way to migrate to a new domain and new exchange without having to wipe the handsets and re-activate them? (25 users with pearls).

I tried the cutover method which worked beautifully and i can connect to the devices however mail is not getting pushed as its looking for emails on the old server.

this is the cutover method i did... installed BES with the same service packs and then detatched and attached the DB and the user list came up and all that however when you click on a user it shows they are part of the old exchange server and I couldnt find a way to make the BES see them on the new server, IT Policy pushes to them fine but mail doesnt as they are listed as part of the old exchange server.

I would really like to have this happen without having to wipe the phones if possible your help would be greatly appreciated as I have 25 crackberry users crying at me!

Cheers
    K
    Last edited by kayman; 07-17-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: urgent help: Moving BES to new server with new exchange

If you log into the service account for the BES server and goto the profile manager, just setup the profile to point to the new server. If the service account points to one exchange server, I think the rest will follow.

I run a 4.1 BES, but have no experience changing exchange servers. I will look at it again in the morning and see if I find anything.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

You mean the exchange profile for that user i.e if he was to use Outlook?
    the service account (BESAdmin) is setup in outlook to use the new exchange server but still have no luck

Just to let you know i have it resolved and for future reference this is what i did.

Installed BES onto the new server with the same servicepacks and using the same SRP KEY + HOST Name + Auth Key.

Backed up the users on the old server using BlackBerryBackup.exe under the utilities folder and then restored it onto the new server, it slowly started to push email out again.

I had to get the user to disable and reenable wireless calendar to get that to work again.

Only one problem now is that the IT Policys wont push they come up with a error but doesnt bother me too much cause i havent really customised it. I'll post another thread for the IT Policy Error.

Thanks guys.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kayman
    Just to let you know i have it resolved and for future reference this is what i did.

Installed BES onto the new server with the same servicepacks and using the same SRP KEY + HOST Name + Auth Key.

Backed up the users on the old server using BlackBerryBackup.exe under the utilities folder and then restored it onto the new server, it slowly started to push email out again.

I had to get the user to disable and reenable wireless calendar to get that to work again.

Only one problem now is that the IT Policys wont push they come up with a error but doesnt bother me too much cause i havent really customised it. I'll post another thread for the IT Policy Error.

Thanks guys.
    To correct the IT Policy issue you will have to wipe the users handheld and then reactivate again.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

Bugga!!! is there no other way around this? I really rather not wipe the handsets.