Hi I had a question regarding upgrading BES's that I was hoping someone could help ... Server Admins forum

kam_uk no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrading BES

Advertisement

Hi

I had a question regarding upgrading BES's that I was hoping someone could help me with.

When I upgrade a BES server (e.g. from 4.1.4 to 4.1.6) are any changes made to the BES database? And does this, in turn, affect all other BES servers even if they haven't been upgraded themselves?

We have two BES servers, BES1 and BES2. I was thinking of upgrading BES1 to 4.1.6, seeing how this went, and then upgrading BES2 to 4.1.6 too. Is there any point to this, or should I just upgrade them both at the same time?

Thx!

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    I don't know about 4.1.6 (someone else can attest to this), but my database version says 4.1.2, and we run 4.1.5. So my guess is there are no changes.

However, with that said, the db is supposed to allow multiple versions of BES running from it at one time.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You should always run both at the same level patch if you use the blackberry manager on the server itself, never use a lower version of manager against a newer version of the database. so for the 20 min to upgrade, just do it.

If you use the remote black berry manager it must be the same version as the latest patch.

When I upgraded to 4.1.6 it said it was upgrading the database at one point.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope

kam_uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys