I'm planning on installing the latest service pack 4 to our BES 4.1.2 server. I'm ... Server Admins forum

codyja no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.4

Advertisement

I'm planning on installing the latest service pack 4 to our BES 4.1.2 server. I'm wondering if I can just perform the "in-place process" according to the upgrade guide and if I can just install SP4 or do I have to install SP3 first? I can't find any documentation that covers this upgrade exactly. The closest thing I see is 4.0 to 4.1.4, but it appears to be alot different than what I'm trying to do. I'm actually trying to resolve a problem that forces us to reboot this server nearly every month. The services appear to just hang, but I haven't actually been involved with this issue until now. I'd like to start troubleshooting this issue by upgrading to the latest release and go from there. Thanks.
    Last edited by codyja; 11-12-2007 at 05:48 PM.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.4

Yes, you can go right to 4.1.4, it includes all the fixes from 4.1.2.

Thanks for the info!

Oh, and I also read that you should upgrade the blackberry device software on the user's blackberry to 4.1.4, but it said that it really isn't needed. Does anyone know what happens if you don't upgrade, since it doesn't appear to be possible to upgrade over wireless. What are the benefits of upgrading?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by codyja View Post
    Oh, and I also read that you should upgrade the blackberry device software on the user's blackberry to 4.1.4, but it said that it really isn't needed. Does anyone know what happens if you don't upgrade, since it doesn't appear to be possible to upgrade over wireless. What are the benefits of upgrading?
    An upgrade to the OS on the device is not necessary. We have many 4.0 devices on our 4.1.x server. Updating the OS on the device may enable some more features on the BES to the device. But ths OS and device must support these changes in the first place. I can't think of too many advantages you'd gain unless going to OS 4.2 on the device.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

You're welcome.

DCookSta is correct, you do not have to upgrade the device OS in order to upgrade BES. OS upgrades are released for bug fixes, new features, etc that give the device more functionality, but the communication to the BES is not affected.