This is an FYI since I had to spend a couple of hours to resolve ... Server Admins forum

tombquick no está en línea Stack level 2

Unknown EP Type 77 from network... - SBS Exchange BES + SMB TrendMicro = F

This is an FYI since I had to spend a couple of hours to resolve I thought I would share.

Setup BES Professional on SBS 2003. No problems with install or setup (besides BES Admin mailbox not being created until accessed), but I could not activate a device via OTA. Event viewer on the server (not the first place I looked for problems) had a warning message " {email address} Unknown ETP Type 77 from, EntryId=362. I noticed that I was unable to see the activation message in the users in-box (BES processed it and removed it) so I removed the user from the BES but had him try another activation. This time the BES left the activation message in the in-box and I could see that TrendMicro SMB mail scanner was identifying the message as dangerous and removing it. RIM support had nothing in the knowledge base (or at least the first level guy said he found nothing) for the unknown ETP error so if you see this problem check you edge protection.
    Brent Quick
    Todd Herman Associates
    Management Consultants
    336.297.4200 (office)
    336.558.6531 (mobile)
    Business Process Consultants Serving North Carolina for over 18 years.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    It has a .dat attachment. Most mail scanners dont let them through anymore.