if you get this message on your BB and have BMW.......let me know! it tooks ... Server Admins forum

VBK
    VBK no está en línea Stack level 1

uncaught exception java.lang.ClassException

Advertisement

if you get this message on your BB and have BMW.......let me know! it tooks hours of digging to find the answer but I did, it will lock you from making calls once you get this message and it is all due to one simple thing,.people have posted about OS and applications, thinking too deep.. its all about if you create groups on your BB

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Well, please explain. What is the one simple thing? Ususally getting an Uncaught Exception:Javalang.ClassException will lock up the BB totally, not only for making calls.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Well, please explain. What is the one simple thing? Ususally getting an Uncaught Exception:Javalang.ClassException will lock up the BB totally, not only for making calls.

Rcbjr
    Yep, it happened just the other day while I was browsing, had to do a battery pull. I never could figure out what caused it.

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by VBK View Post
    if you get this message on your BB and have BMW.......let me know! it tooks hours of digging to find the answer but I did, it will lock you from making calls once you get this message and it is all due to one simple thing,.people have posted about OS and applications, thinking too deep.. its all about if you create groups on your BB

okay?? whats the simple thing...mind to share for everybody to know??? it happened to me too..did battery pull and never occur again since..
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

GsxRz750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    Ok, I've had this error happen to me a couple f times, and only once did it kill my Bold while I was on a call with AT&T's customer service. When the rep told me to look at the screen and see what type of network I was on (i.e. 3G or EDGE) and what the case size was for the network connection, I saw that I had a blank white screen that only offered the option to reset the phone. After resetting all my settings were incorrect, and several apps and icons were missing. I did a battery pull and received the error msg and had to click "ok" like 11 times.

I'm not so sure it's a groups thing, but I would love to know the cause. I thought that I downloaded a program that caused a memory leak or something.

The way I resolved this on my phone was to sync my contacts and important info, excluding any third party apps, and then I wiped the phone, and adding my contacts and what have you back. I haven't had a problem since.

Oh, and the first time I wiped it I did a backup and restore of my device but the error occurred again a few weeks later while trying to run TeleNav, and when I did the backup and restore I had included third party apps. Maybe this helps others or I could just be lucky right now (going on 9 days without seeing the error)
    ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    This same thing happened to my BOLD...but only after I downloaded the MySpace app. SOOOOO....I deleted the app and havent had that problem since. I dont think it really is any one thing. BB's are like mini computers as well as phones and the software can sometimes be just as crazy.

VBK
    VBK no está en línea Stack level 1
    I added 2 large "groups" on my BB for business today and when i got in my new BMW the Idrive would not pair and i continued to get the message...Uncaught exceptionetc... once i got out of my car i had to take out the battery and wait ten secs to replace..once doing that it worked again but when i got back in my car it the bluetooth tried to pair and got the same error message and was unable to make or receive calls and no audible. BMW nor verizon had a clue so i started searching the internet and thought why this happened today out of the blue. it was the 2 groups that i had created that would not pair with the bluetooth in my idrive..

Moderator- how do you delete threads you post it only lets me edit them,,, and said that moderators can delete and may take the power away from the member to delete. pls explain also why tonight when i tried to reply to a thread it said i was not allowed bc i was not a level 2 member then when i clicked on my email welcome link in hotmail it let me reply showing that i was a level 1 member replying to a level 1 member