Hi all, I've got some issues with theabove errors...theone in particular that seems to be ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Uncaught. exception errors...!!

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've got some issues with theabove errors...theone in particular that seems to be cropping up is:

Uncaught. exception,Java.lang.illegalArgumentexception

At first I was happy to wipe the BB, re-install the OS and then re-activate.

Thing is, it's begining to happen more frequently on various BB I have out there. In one case, it's happened to a user on a Curve 8900, I gave him a brancd new 8900 only for it to happen again.

I've since upgraded the user to the new Bold 9700...and yep...it's happened again...all the same error!

I'm on BES5. I'm begining to think it's a probelm with one of the below...

1. Email account of user having some sort of corruption.
    2. BES5 doing something bad.
    3. Vodafone (UK) problems.

I'm more inclined it's 1 or 2, I've been in touch with Vodafone who say all looks good from their side.

It can't be just coincidence this user is having the same over again?!?!

Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It could be an application problem too. If you look at the event log on the device (hold alt and type lglg) you can scroll through the events, look for ones that are in bold type and say severe error. If you click on them there will be a ton of stuff that won't make sense, but there is usually an app or process name that is recognizable. That could help narrow down the cause of the problem. I know little about BES but perhaps you have access to the details of the event log without actually having the device in your hand...really not sure of that though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks,

In the end I set his 9700 back to factory settings, swapped his SIM, had a little cry :-D then upgraded his OS to the latest and re-activated him.

Lets hope that does it.

Thanks.