hi im using a blackberry pearl 8100 with outlook express win xp, desktop mgr and ... Server Admins forum

darthjersey no está en línea Stack level 1

unable to sync all contacts

Advertisement

hi im using a blackberry pearl 8100 with outlook express win xp, desktop mgr and bb o/s 4.2

this was working for awhile then all of a sudden today i noticed that my bb isnt syncing all of my contacts only like 1/5th (im also using bis at&t)

i checked the configurations of desktop mgr sync, from field mapping to conflict options etc, i pulled the battery and restarted bb desktop mgr, but it wont sync

i also never touched any configuration settings, until it started to do this, and the contacts that it does sync arent even displaying right now

so right now i cant email anyone from outlook express since my contacts = 0
    because i deleted all entries before syncing (i do this all the time)

anyone know help! thanks

edit - i just tried to sync using a different windows login but same thing so its not a profile problem
    Last edited by darthjersey; 02-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.

75stripes no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: unable to sync all contacts

First, back up your BB. Next, try to make sure it is the contacts that is causing the sync issue by going into the Configuration tab, then click on Configure sync and sync the applications 1 by 1. Then, try deleting your last contact entry (or few) and see if it syncs. Reason to do this is it could be a corrupt contacts database on your BB caused by an incorrect/incompatible entry. After backing up, click on the Advanced button in Backup and Restore and on the right side where it displays your Device database select the contacts database and clear. Do a sync again and see if your contacts will be sync'd. If it does sync, then it definitely points to an entry you created on your device. Possible causes could be empty fields, or, more likely, special characters in certain fields, like the name field, or a conflict b/t your device and Outlook Express that couldn't be resolved. Make sure you don't have any & % ^ $ # ~ in those fields. Hope this helps.

hi thanks for replying but alas that does not work and no special chars, anyways i gave up after resetting a bunch of times and trying everything i could think of, and im just going to use outlook since it syncs perfectly there unless someone can think of something else

i would prefer to use outlook express though, dont ask me why but ive been using it since 98 and like it
    Last edited by darthjersey; 02-23-2008 at 02:51 PM.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

It may be your BES! I relized with a recent update my company did with our BES that it no longer allows us to sync contacts with deskto manager because it creates duplicates when it syncs ota! I would check on that!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

You should als upgrade to the lastest dtm as well I has a new vwersion of intlisync wick is less buggy also you may dave to to this if you ran any registry cleaner prgrams on theat machine an check for firmware updates too.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Which version of DM are you using?

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

Im useing the newest DM which I think is 4.3 but not sure I cant remember the number. Look on Verizons site and update if you havn't already

Quote Originally Posted by dvst8ion View Post
    It may be your BES! I relized with a recent update my company did with our BES that it no longer allows us to sync contacts with deskto manager because it creates duplicates when it syncs ota! I would check on that!
    Quote Originally Posted by darthjersey View Post
    hi im using a blackberry pearl 8100 with outlook express win xp, desktop mgr and bb o/s 4.2
    um yeah im not using BES, im using BIS