I have an employee who I just switched from a 7100i to an 8830(Sprint). The ... Server Admins forum

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2

Unable to receive email from single user

Advertisement

I have an employee who I just switched from a 7100i to an 8830(Sprint). The 8830 has been provisioned and activated on the corporate BES, he is able to send and receive email from everyone but me both inside and outside the company. We can not seem to get BBM to work between both units, it just says pending on both my 8830 and his 8830. He has spoken with Sprint and they claim the issue to be on our BES side and our IT admin claims it to be on Sprints side. I also was able to succesfully set up another employees unit and am able to communicate via both email and BBM with him. Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not on a BES but have the service books been sent to the device and is it registered on the network via the Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table? I know I have had that problem with not getting email to work several times. Just a thought.

Another option I just thought about would be to delete the troublesome e-mail accounts, re-add them, and then re-send the service books.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-09-2009 at 02:26 AM.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    did either of you have the device on another BES before this? If BBM doesnt work it sounds like the peer to peer keys on one has been reset from default. As for the email not being received from one user is it possible there is a filter in place?

We have tried all of the above, our Sys Admin has deleated and added the user multiple times, Sprint has resent the service books, checked to ensure that the proper BES settings and such were in place and so forth. We have even wiped both the device and the security settings. Funny thing is his old 7100i worked fine sending/receiving both email and BBM.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Did you try deleting the service books and then doing a Register Now in the Host Routing Table? Were you able to do an Enterprise Activation?

Sprint resent the service books, and we have re-registered and reset the enterprise activation. I think I'm just going to order a replacement unit. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~